Lies, lies, everywhere there's lies..............

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It's getting so you can't trust anything or anybody anymore not that it is anything new but it seems to be worse and worse and worse especially on the internet.
    It's become extremely rare to find someone that you can depend on and trust.
    Just be extremely doubtful and careful with anything or anyone you come into contact with.
    It's a shame but that's just the way it is.
    I’ve found this to be very true. Particularly as I get older and the majority of people around being younger. And most of my old friends are gone. Most of the people now days have no concept of honor, lying and cheating is an accepted way of life.

Remember the days when a handshake was good, no need for contracts? Those days are gone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, I tried to see the sarcasm but couldn’t find it. I did delete my posting anyway.

Guess I’ll head out and rake some hay.
    I assumed it was sarcasm because no person in the right mind would actually do that.

Reactions: Mij

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Oh don’t feel sorry for me, I’ve been everywhere and done pretty much everything I ever wanted to do, and I have a blast at the house. I just have no desire to get out and mingle anymore. We go to French Lick and stay at the big hotel a few times a year and that’s pretty much all I need.
    I am with you. The general public is, in large part, a bunch of self-entitled, whining, crybabies. The younger they are, the worse it is. Our current politically correct, dependency creating climate just fosters more and more of this. I have the good fortune to mostly work with the 65+ segment of our society. Most of them maintain a modicum humanity, common decency, self-respect, and gratitude. If I am not at work, or at the range, I am home. Color me old. I've earned it.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I’ve found this to be very true. Particularly as I get older and the majority of people around being younger. And most of my old friends are gone. Most of the people now days have no concept of honor, lying and cheating is an accepted way of life.

Remember the days when a handshake was good, no need for contracts? Those days are gone.
    Those days are not completely gone. TLDR version: Sometimes a handshake deal is a real deal.

Full story. I've never used a real estate agent to sell a house. On 1 July, 2020, I posted my house and farm for sale. Asking price: $550,000 for everything. On the first day of having a sign in my yard, a well-dressed, respectable seeming, respectful young gentleman knocked on the door with my flyer in his hand. After "Good morning, Sir." His first words were, "I will buy your house." After showing him around the house, barn, and amenities, he said, "I'll take it." I mentioned that we had not discussed an offer or a price. He explained that he did not want to chance losing it to a debate over few dollars one way or the other. Full price offer, on day one. I was flabbergasted! I accepted his offer to buy my property. He explained that he had no financing arranged, and I explained that since this went so fast, I had no place to go, quite yet. No contracts, no real estate agent, no paperwork. A true handshake deal.

It took him about 6 weeks to arrange financing. I still had not found another place to live. He paid me, the entire amount, in cash, in early September. We used an attorney (he paid) to get the paperwork right. He agreed, again on a handshake, to wait until November 1 for me to find a house. If I was not out by November 1st, I would pay him $1500 per month rent until I could get out. He did state that he wanted possession of the property by March 1, 2021 whether or not I had found a new home. Agreed. I closed on a new home on 10/26/2020, and took possession on 11/2/2020, moving day. My gentleman buyer told me he would feel guilty taking November's rent payment ($1500) for only having to wait 2 days, he refused my check. Done deal, house sold, paid in cash, all on a handshake.

As an aside, I got another offer that same day. The second was for more money, but the buyer wanted possession immediately on payment, which he had at the ready. I turned him down. I already had a handshake deal. Good enough for me.

A link to my home for sale listing:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Until Treason charges are brought up to those who committed it and the just punishment is swiftly administered, things will continue on the current path.

Top Bottom