• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So shes allowed to have an M1 carbine, but her beloved party wont let me have one.... That sounds like a liberal.

But she supports your right to have one. What's the issue?

Erm. She supports your right, while simultaneously supporting politicians who seek to deny your right.

Obama ('if it saves one child') too conservative for her?

Sure, no issue there.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The person interviewed is kind of confused, obviously. A transgender, feminist, queer activist, liberal, gun owner.

How can one even start to attempt to have a rational conversation knowing all of that information?

Wow. A thousand members nation wide. How underwhelming.

That aside, when did the NRA become anti-gay? Is that claim new or have I missed it?

Perhaps they ran into some NRA folks like ultra...good.

I am judgmental as it is a defense mechanism that i use. The person interviewed in the article is the kind of person that i would stay away from. I don't care if they are pro gun, something is just not making sense to me there.

Some of the other comments here touch around what i am thinking. Just cannot put the thought into words, must be too early.

Why do you need a defense mechanism when talking about a transgender gun owner? What are you afraid of?

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I've heard of the term "Transgender-Phobia" in the past. The idea of a Transgender being a Second Amendment and a gun owner sounds logical and makes sense to me.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject as I do not wish to hijack this thread.

Now, I'm going back to watching it snow!

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    "If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit," joked Eric Wooten, a longtime California Democratic Party activist and member of the Liberal Gun Club.

This might be the best quote from this person, he actually says obama is too conservative! These people from california are beyond out of their minds. how does this happen? How do people become so twisted and stupid?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Erm. She supports your right, while simultaneously supporting politicians who seek to deny your right.

Sure, no issue there.

Zero issue. She's pro-gun, and perhaps (as it's not stated), supports another politician that is anti-gun because that person's other platforms are more important to her. I don't consider it anymore important than any other right. You won't find a single successful national politician that has a "guns only" platform. Because in the grand scheme of things, firearms don't come close to affecting the everyday American, as compared to speech, search and seizures, or a number of other rights.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So shes allowed to have an M1 carbine, but her beloved party wont let me have one.... That sounds like a liberal.

Zero issue. She's pro-gun, and perhaps (as it's not stated), supports another politician that is anti-gun because that person's other platforms are more important to her. I don't consider it anymore important than any other right. You won't find a single successful national politician that has a "guns only" platform. Because in the grand scheme of things, firearms don't come close to affecting the everyday American, as compared to speech, search and seizures, or a number of other rights.

I see. So if we have to sacrifice a right, the 2d A. is the one to go...? And in the grand scheme, if the gov only takes our 2d A., on balance we're still secure in our other rights?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just putting this out there. Transgender confused. Someone who has the conviction to make such a life-changing decision is pretty damned self-aware.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I popped over to their forums the other day just to see what they're all about. I like them.

It seems that most of them are Liberals in the classical sense, more like libertatians than what we would consider modern American liberals. The conversation over there seems to be much more enlightened than the philosophically inconsistent conservative drivel that gets parroted by some members in the political forums here. They are an interesting crowd most of whom seem to be highly supportive of the constitution and the second amendment. Many of them specifically state that they are not Democrats, the vibe appears to be "vote for principles not parties" which I would think a lot of our more intelligent members would admire.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    But she supports your right to have one. What's the issue?

Sure, no issue there.

I was referring to this directly,
    Obama executive order on ?surplus military weapons? intentionally targets collectible firearms
    and of course the obvious issue of a so called pro 2a'er voting for people who hate the 2a. But whos surprised.
    Idiots abound..

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Perhaps they ran into some NRA folks like ultra...good.

Why do you need a defense mechanism when talking about a transgender gun owner? What are you afraid of?

I treat everybody the same. Defense mechanism, judgement, aware of who your dealing with. Call it what you will.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I treat everybody the same. Defense mechanism, judgement, aware of who your dealing with. Call it what you will.

Apparently you don't treat everybody the same - you start out assuming you can't even begin to have a rational discussion with someone because they're a transgendered gun owner.

I'll just call it what it is - bigotry.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    He doesnt have to be a bigot, he could just be religious.
    There are quite a few religions that have no love at all for LGBT

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Apparently you don't treat everybody the same - you start out assuming you can't even begin to have a rational discussion with someone because they're a transgendered gun owner.

I'll just call it what it is - bigotry.

Your reading comprehension is terrible.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Your reading comprehension is terrible.

How so? This is your post:

The person interviewed is kind of confused, obviously. A transgender, feminist, queer activist, liberal, gun owner.

How can one even start to attempt to have a rational conversation knowing all of that information?

Your use of the word "queer" confirms it.

He doesnt have to be a bigot, he could just be religious.
    There are quite a few religions that have no love at all for LGBT

Being "religious" doesn't make it any less bigoted.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom