• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Can we create a sticky thread with a link to Indiana Voter Registration sites?

I voted and I have always voted. It is a right just as it is your right to own firearms. If you do not exercise your rights they can be taken away very easy because you won't miss them.

If you believe that you have the right to own a gun, carry a gun, protect yourself and your family with a gun, then you should believe that you are required to vote to protect those freedoms.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Exactly. How many gun owners do you know that complain about Obammy and do NOT vote. It is insulting when we have common interest and heritage and it is out done and out WORKED by an organization such as ACORN. No dancing around it. ACORN out WORKS us and now the Obama administration is driving a wedge between gun owners by creating the distinction between shooters and hunters. Their strategy is brilliant. We all have that relative that scoffs at our AR 15 that bags his two or three deer a year and says he could care less if they ban our AR. Even as we make camp in deer season with him or her!! We need to EDUCATE our brethren that they are trying to divide us.

cmax001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Granger
    In addition to registering to vote, it is every bit as important to know how your elected officials have voted on issues important to us. It is time to hold these people accountable and if they fail us, let THEM join the ranks of the ever growing group of unemployed. You all have seen the headlines that my local unemployment rate is at 15.3 % ? And that probably doesn't include all the illegals who can't / haven't signed up for unemployment.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Do you really think that someone who is say 25 or older that hasn't even bothered to register to vote or show up at their polling site is going to be educated enough to make a smart decision? Our founders didn't really want every single swinging richard to vote. We have enough people voting because they think one candidate is cuter than the next or whatever their stupid issue is. But the sad fact is, they brought in these uneducated idiots by the millions this time to vote for the messiah. I just don't like the dumbing down of the voting pool.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think you are missing a point here honadylnl.

First, you do not have to be well educated to make a smart decision.

You do need to go out and vote your heart and your heritage.

Gun owners know that they want to keep their rights and maybe they just need a little help with the voting process so that they are not intimidated.

I don't think that we are looking at an education issue as much as we are looking at a lazy and complacent issue. Too many people sit around and point out all of the bad things but expect someone else to do the work for them to fix it. It is time that every lazy gun owner gets up off the couch, registers to vote, contacts his representatives and tells them that they are now a registered voter and explains to them what they want to see happen in all matters.

You have to either throw money at the problem via groups like the NRA and others or you need to give time to the issue by talking to your representatives. Most of us have a lot more time than we do money. I personally think that everyone should vote and everyone should join the NRA and everyone should know their representatives by name.

Those of you that don't want to do anything can sit back and watch while the rest of us fight for your rights. If you have not been updated, it looks like we could be losing and need some more help. Can we count on YOU.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Do you really think that someone who is say 25 or older that hasn't even bothered to register to vote or show up at their polling site is going to be educated enough to make a smart decision? Our founders didn't really want every single swinging richard to vote. We have enough people voting because they think one candidate is cuter than the next or whatever their stupid issue is. But the sad fact is, they brought in these uneducated idiots by the millions this time to vote for the messiah. I just don't like the dumbing down of the voting pool.

Fortunately all citizens of our country have the same right to vote as we gun owners feel we have to carry arms. If everything was judged on education, intelligence and age a lot of people who own firearms probably should not have them. Not everyone is born equal but everyone should be encouraged to cast their vote.

Unfortunately there are a lot of lemmings out there that follow the Pied Pipers of this world; look at all the college students that voted for Obama. Personally I would rather convince a thirty or forty year old who has experienced life to go register to vote than put my country in the hands of a bunch of 18 to 22 year olds who have not had to go out into the cold cruel world and support themselves. :twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If someone can't be bothered to take the extra 5 minutes at the license branch to sign up for motor voter and spend 30 minutes in line at his or her polling station, do you think they will take the time to educate themselves on the candidates and issues or will they take their voting orders from MSNBC, CNN and the likes?

You mean I should send my money to the NRA who endorsed democrats for congress that helped widen the democrat majority in the house, thus cementing Nancy Pelosi's iron grip on us? I don't care how pro gun a demo is, will his voice be heard by Pelosi? What do you think is happening to the 11 democrats that voted against the porkulus bill? I'll guarantee you their chance of moving up in demo leadership is absolutely nil. So when Joe Donnely is getting ready to vote on the next AWB, we he vote the way the NRA rated him, or will he vote himself future power and against our rights? Not a gamble I'm willing to take but the NRA is.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    This is a damned good idea. I know many who bitch about Obama but they did not vote for various reasons. There's no excuse. We need to get Republicans back to the majority in the congress in the next two years. Right now, we're guaranteed 2 years of pointing the country in a bad direction. If we don't retake congress in two years, it will be 4. How much will the country be able to endure?

I'm betting that by the next election, we will see double-digit inflation. That will be murder on everyone, with increasing impact on those at lower incomes. It will be even worse for those on fixed incomes, like most of our parents.

I've got 6 kids, and they are being robbed by this President and his congress. I'm not exactly thrilled with the Republicans, but they are a far better alternative to what we have, and they are the only realistic chance.

Just my 2c worth.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Principal,

I agreed with you during 2000 and 2004 but this is the first election cycle that I believe we are truly ***ked. Bush all but killed the conservative movement and McCain put the final nail in the coffin. And what are the republican powers that be doing? Blaming Palin and the fact that they weren't liberal enough.

Someone show me one simple piece of evidence that there would be 1 single different action on legislation if McCain were elected with a 59 seat demo senate and a 78 seat majority in the house? Don't even mention judges as Bush couldn't get some of his through with a republican house and senate. What makes you think for a minute that A, McCain would nominate a conservative judge or B, ever get them through a massive demo house and senate majority?

I bit the bullet on Bush and voted for him in 2004 but he let us down and now look where we are. It was his total unwillingness to grow a pair that put us where we are. Sure he did some good things but he killed the conservative movement.

I firmly believe that things have to get much worse before they will ever get better. The conservative revolution in 94 didn't really win that many converts. Those that switched sides were fed up Clinton and the demos so they voted them out. Did we win them over or did they jump ship? I think the only way many people will see what an abysmal failure the chosen one's policies will be is to live them firsthand. Only then, will they get it and vote them out. That's the only thing we can hope for.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom