• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have personally seen a training video while I was in ILEA Pre Basic of a trooper killed via a single .22LR that went under his arm pit (unprotected) and into his aorta; while he juiced the perp with six shots of 125gr .357 mag loads - which failed to penetrate the subjects vitals :xmad: It just goes to show that sometimes freak things do happen... and penetration is very important.

Good words to live by! And good story too!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That was a real good read. Great find!!! I have more faith in my heavy barrelled, scoped 10/22 now. Time for some practice. I thought they would be effective. Heck me and a buddy were shooting a galvanized steel plate at 200 yards with open sights and denting it with regular hits. Time to get some more hi cap mags :)

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My dad has an old .22 box. (the long plastic ones) On the label it says "Dangerous within 1 1/4 mile". I did some math and it comes to 2200 yards.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    dude ,go put in your application to guns & ammo ,good reading & lots of examples of how it was acheived ,kept my short attention span focused as well

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    That and the fact that 2 thousand rounds of ammo take up less space than a hundred rounds of 8mm make it the reason my 10/22 is my bug out gun. Not to mention is small, very light weight, and very simple operating system. 22lr is the sleeper of the gun world. No one thinks it can do anything, but then all of a sudden, bam, it shows you up and makes you eat humble pie for a few days.

Top Bottom