• ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    The tractors were easy for me compared to the grain trucks I drove before I had a license. Easiest to most difficult were:
    75 Ford cabover
    41 GMC
    43 6x6 army truck with gravity bed/box
    friends who drove family heirloom grain trucks said “can’t find em, grind em” a lot lol

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Reactions: KLB

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah Hard pass the the Tesla. It’s going to be a cold day some where when I would ever purchase a vehicle that can be disabled remotely . Sorry that is a situation that would be ripe for abuse.
    Propulsion method has ****-all to do with the ability to remotely control a modern vehicle.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I did say when the technology matures. Especially if solid state batteries are perfected.

By the way...

A lot of internal combustion fires are due to E85. It deteriorates the hoses and creates leaks. Even the E85 approved hoses.
    The rest of them, are just idiots that don't understand gasoline is flammable.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Do you, or 99.5% of the population?:stickpoke:

If I did, I would have my supply of gasoline.;)
    That's my point. There are several ways to make electricity. You have no way to make gasoline. You have to rely on someone else.

I'm not sure what's wrong with people who think that there's some master plan to remotely control EVs, but they will be allowed to drive around in ICE vehicles with impunity.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    That's my point. There are several ways to make electricity. You have no way to make gasoline. You have to rely on someone else.

I'm not sure what's wrong with people who think that there's some master plan to remotely control EVs, but they will be allowed to drive around in ICE vehicles with impunity.
    Most of the population can't generate electricity either, and a high percentage of those people, wouldn't even know how.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Not sure what to think about this? But the mere ability to remotely shut down a vehicle would never be abused . All one needs to do is look at Bill Gates and draw your own conclusions from there.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I heard that the emissions are what caused the demise of the manual tranny. Not sure if that is true or not. All my pick ups had them but Ford hasn’t offered one since at least 2016 in the Superduty.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I learned to drive in a 68 chevy pickup with 3 on the tree. That was a breeze compared to teaching my oldest son to drive in 95 F150 manual, good lord, THAT was a nightmare!
    I had an ‘89 F-150 with a manual trans. Sold it to a guy who was buying it for his 16 yr old son. Told him if he could teach his son to drive it, he would be able to drive any manual out there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not sure what to think about this? But the mere ability to remotely shut down a vehicle would never be abused . All one needs to do is look at Bill Gates and draw your own conclusions from there.
    Are you saying that modern vehicles that run on gasoline cannot be shut down remotely? Never heard of OnStar?

Once again…propulsion method has nothing to do with electronic control of modern vehicles.

And if you think the government control of electric vehicles is going to be implemented, but not ICE vehicles through either electronic means or regulation, permitting or licensing, then I don’t know what to tell you. They can shut down your gas pump with a ration card or regulation just as easily as they can remotely shut down an EV or ICE vehicle with modern electronics.

Top Bottom