• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Not trying to complain but man, why is it so hard to find the right holster in left handed. There are a few Galco holsters I would like to get, but they only come in :ar15: right handed! The few I do find come in tan, would like black!

To make things even worse they told me that they would make me the holster I want in black and left handed-but it would cost me additional
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know the deal with reversing the models and supply and demand but its just not fair that being left handed ends up costing me more hard earned money.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I feel ya brother. I've just trained myself to do everything i can off my right side.

It took me a wile but i'm just as comfortable shooting and carrying off my right as my left.

Being a lefty is expensive in a right handed world

L-W-R-C

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Willow Branch
    if you get a thread or material like clothes holster there is black spray paint at walmart that is for that kind of material and it is cheap.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Forget the holster. I found too many of the controls on guns are better and easier to do right handed. I'm a lefty, but I started shooting righty and never looked back. I don't really think about it anymore.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    One word: Raven Concealment . . .

wait. . .

Ok, TWO words. . . . .

+1

Also check with Blade-tech and Comptac, granted they are not leather but they will more than likely get you want you need.

On a personal note, leather holsters can be nice but the strenght, utility, versatility and cost of a Kydex holster will better serve most people.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Would prefer leather-just me!
    Now how hard is it actually to switch from carrying lefty to going right side carry? I am left eye dominent-does it make a difference?

I wouldnt mind the learning curve if it is actually worth doing-:D

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    The worst for me is bolt action rifles...having to reach over the top of the gun like that...goofy as hell. But with enough practice, I can get 5 rounds of mosin power off quicker than my right handed friends.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I don't understand why Right handers get any Galco Miami rig and us left handers have to sort through the site piecing together a left handed kit. Couldn't they just be a little customer friendly and provide it as an option instead of making me run around the block?

I will never switch to right handed pistol shooting. I trust my life shooting with my left hand and see no reason to change that. It just so happens that companies who do not support left handed individuals will not receive my money.

Everyone is born right handed, only the greatest can overcome it.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will never switch to right handed pistol shooting. I trust my life shooting with my left hand and see no reason to change that. It just so happens that companies who do not support left handed individuals will not receive my money.

Everyone is born right handed, only the greatest can overcome it.

I agree. I am so used to working the slide release on my G23 with my left middle finger it is second nature. You just get used to it. There are some great left-handed holsters out there and it is worth the extra cost to me.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I agree. I am so used to working the slide release on my G23 with my left middle finger it is second nature. You just get used to it. There are some great left-handed holsters out there and it is worth the extra cost to me.

We lefties have an inherent advantage on autoloaders--unless you have foot-long thumbs, it's way easier to drop mags without changing your grip using the index (for a lefty) than it is using the thumb (for a righty).

There's even an old legend that John Browning was a lefty, and designed the mag release on the 1911 to be comfortable for himself.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Would prefer leather-just me!
    Now how hard is it actually to switch from carrying lefty to going right side carry? I am left eye dominent-does it make a difference?

I wouldnt mind the learning curve if it is actually worth doing-:D

Shouldnt be a problem

I am right handed and left eye dom.

I have changed to should a compound bow left handed

I have a savage bolt in LH

I put ambidextrous safeties on my ARs and shoot left shouldered.

Never had a problem with handguns. The distance is to far from the orbit to make a difference.

And working a right bolt by reaching across with the left hand is just silly, you obstruct you view and destroy your posture and consistency of points of pressure. :twocents:

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i also get very frustraded this.i am sick and tired of searching for decent L/H holsters.i dont mind the bolt rifles and having to reach over the top because im a heck of alot faster doing that over right handed.alot of rightys say oh just shoot with your right hand its easy.i cant hit squat right handed!

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I don't know what you're talking about. Just get a pair of Adidas sweat pants and tuck it in front after tying the strings tightly. If it doesn't feel right, write a few rap songs.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    you guys hit it on the nose, I shoot a rifle left handed, in fact I shoot bolt action rifles the same-left handed rifles just feel wierd now.

I guess with practice I could get use to drawing/shooting right handed but, why?

I just wish some of the larger companies would offer the same products in both left and right handed versions.

very frustrating....:xmad:

AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    +1 on Comp Tac. Their hybrid tuckable IWB kydex/leather rigs are awesome. I'm also a lefty and I have 4 of their holsters. Great product. One of my G19'S has highrise sights to accomodate my suppressor and they made a lefty rig to fit it as well.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Order a crossbreed super tuck. LH is the same price and you'll have it in a week. (just got mine 2 weeks ago) Super comfortable.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I feel for you man. Being a lefty myself, I always like to go to the store and physically examine the holsters. But, I can't because they don't have any lefties.

Is Obama going to tell the holster manufacturers and vendors that they are acting stupidly and being racist against lefties? Because that would be great.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Surfing the web I came across High Noon Holsters.
    Here is the link:
    High Noon Holsters

I have seen them before at a local dealer, craftmanship looks good.
    They have them in Left Handed (YES!)

Curious, does anyone have one? Been looking for a shoulder rig for my XDM/9mm.

Here is the link on what I am looking at:
    Under Armor

Any info-good/bad points will be appriciated.
    Price looks reasonable.

Thanks-Dog

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Shouldnt be a problem

I am right handed and left eye dom.

I have changed to should a compound bow left handed

I have a savage bolt in LH

I put ambidextrous safeties on my ARs and shoot left shouldered.

Never had a problem with handguns. The distance is to far from the orbit to make a difference.

And working a right bolt by reaching across with the left hand is just silly, you obstruct you view and destroy your posture and consistency of points of pressure. :twocents:

I have tried shouldering everything I own on the left and it
    just does not feel right. I was thinking of right hand damage and
    trying to train my left but it was not working very well.

You guy have it rough but I have good news.......

Behold - the left handed metric screwdriver.

Left Handed Metric Screwdriver - $12.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

lmsdriver.jpg

Just helpin' a brother out.
    :):

Top Bottom