"Learn to code". What would be a new expression to replace it, for Twitter employees?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    There are plenty of tech jobs available. A strong programmer won't have any problem finding a good paying job right now. But the downside for the Twitter employees is that most firms expect you to write quality code, not spend all your working time telling everyone how great your opinion is and how they are all wrong...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are plenty of tech jobs available. A strong programmer won't have any problem finding a good paying job right now. But the downside for the Twitter employees is that most firms expect you to write quality code, not spend all your working time telling everyone how great your opinion is and how they are all wrong...
    And there's the problem.
    Would you want to hire someone who's previous 10 years of experience was being a crybaby?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So... No INGO at work?

I don't think I could deal...

FWIW, Left, right, center, up, down... Keep your politics out of the office. I don't put up NRA stickers, and I don't want to see pink flags. (but pink bow ties are cool)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The "I can't even" crowd at Twitter is, by and large, going to stay put as long as they can. For every 25 people who claim they will leave their jobs at Twitter, 5 will and 4 of them were on their way out for one reason or another anyway.

But, in the spirit of the thread:

Learn that no one cares about your opinion...not even your Mom...your Mom cares alot about me, however.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    "Go get a real job"

You're diversity quotient is severely underrepresented in these categories of male dominated industries. Please start at your local trade union for training and apprenticeship. May all that is equitable be with your affinity group.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I know this is satire for poops and laughs, but despite that, competent developers will never be uttering any of those phrases. I was a returning adult at uni and every CS class I had was absolutely packed, more butts than seats. When it came time for finals there were maybe 8-10 people taking the exam. I have nieces and nephews I'm trying to teach and convince to go into the field, but they're more about playing on their phones than how they actually work. It's a giant misconception that the "youth" are tech savvy. Most are not, they just know how to get around in an OS or that the "hamburger" button means "more options."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom