• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is the way.
    But it’s too late for so many who are already indoctrinated into this culture. I have no idea what’s going to happen.
    All we can do is try, not to even change their minds, but to just let them be open.
    I was hoping to have the opportunity to bring some of that up--not the controversial topic, but I wanted the opportunity after she had cooled down more to talk about the confidence she had in her rightness, and also the turmoil she creates for herself by getting so offended. But never had the opportunity.

We discussed several political topics--I didn't initiate any of them. She did. And I could tell that she was offended by my thoughts on every one except abortion. We really didn't get into that one much. She said it wasn't that important to her. I said that it should be overturned because it was decided based on whims and shadows and it's something that legislatures should decide. And since there is no consensus, probably states should decide. That didn't offend her.

But oh, she about flipped out when I said, again (we had this discussion maybe two years ago) that I thought Greta Thunburg was a bit unhinged. I mean. She was. But, I did not think about how upset that made her before. I probably should have just said that Greta's emotions probably didn't help sell her case to skeptics. But when I said "unhinged", she was like:

1653578943277.png

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Climate is the "Pro-Life" of the Left.

All of existence, distilled into one issue.

Thankfully, people are fighting back against "woke" more effectively than we did when "plastic recycling" was the trigger issue. By the time people have finally become able to admit plastic recycling was always dumb "buy the world a coke" sentiment not supported by science or economics, the sentiment had metastasized on to something worse.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Presented without comment.

HPM’s report said they did “consider” whether there were any conflicts of interest between Pitt and Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania, and found there were no “illegal arrangements,” but did not provide any details on who they spoke to or how they arrived at that conclusion. Yet they felt the need to explain that if Pitt did have contracts with Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania, such an arrangement would not be “inherently unlawful.”

“There is no law preventing Pitt from supporting Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania if it chooses to do so,” HPM investigators wrote.

More much to do about nothing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or call an old girlfriend you really wanted to avoid. I mean. That would be just. Well, kinda funny.

Worst that happened to me, after a bike ride I was all sweatty. For some reason that caused my watch to go apeshit. It texted gibberish to like 5 different people. My son called me to see if I was okay. What? Why? Oh. Sorry.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    HPM’s report said they did “consider” whether there were any conflicts of interest between Pitt and Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania, and found there were no “illegal arrangements,” but did not provide any details on who they spoke to or how they arrived at that conclusion. Yet they felt the need to explain that if Pitt did have contracts with Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania, such an arrangement would not be “inherently unlawful.”

“There is no law preventing Pitt from supporting Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania if it chooses to do so,” HPM investigators wrote.

I had a feeling you would home in on that element. I'm also not sure what's legal and what's not, but the crux if the article is that the investigation was limited and completely ignored certain aspects of the alleged improprieties.

Hyman, Phelps and McNamara (HPM), the D.C.-based law firm hired to conduct the “regulatory assessment,” said they found Pitt’s academic research with human fetal tissue to be “fully compliant with applicable laws.” But a close reading of the 40-page report shows that HPM intentionally limited the scope of their investigation, allowing investigators to turn a blind eye to some of the most damning allegations related to fetal tissue research.

HPM admits they did not investigate the two university clinics where university researchers source their aborted fetal tissue: the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, where more abortions are performed than in any other hospital in the state.
    The study that first caught the public’s attention about how taxpayer dollars are being spent involved grafting aborted baby scalps onto the backs of rats, who were then deemed “humanized.” The study, which was funded by Anthony Fauci’s National Institutes of Health, includes graphic photos showing little infant hairs growing on rodents’ backs, the same way they would on a healthy child’s head, as well a note about where researchers obtained the baby scalps:

De-identified human fetal tissues at the gestational age of 18 to 20 weeks were obtained from medically or elective indicated termination of pregnancy through Magee-Womens Hospital of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), with the University of Pittsburgh, Health Sciences Tissue Bank.

HPM’s report contradicts that note included in the study, claiming that of the 31 studies they reviewed, this particular study was one of five that did not obtain fetal tissue from the Pitt Biospecimen Core (located within UPMC hospitals). Instead, HPM says, this particular study obtained their tissue from a commercial tissue supplier, Advanced Bioscience Resources (ABR).

If ABR sounds familiar, that’s because it’s the commercial tissue supplier who was exposed for trafficking baby body parts from Planned Parenthood facilities to researchers, and essentially became PPFA’s scapegoat when they were first caught selling those baby body parts in 2015.

It remains unclear where the baby scalps for this study were obtained. Were they from ABR, as HPM found, or from UPMC, as the researchers who conducted the study wrote? What is Pitt trying to hide by contradicting its own research?

Pitt and the lawyers they hired at HPM clearly have no intention of addressing the initial allegations or answering questions such as: Did Pitt facilities perform illegal partial-birth abortions or infanticide in operating a fetal kidney harvesting program?
    If someone is accused of beating his wife, and pays for an "independent investigation" that only reports she was never admitted to a hospital for broken bones, does that mean he didn't actually beat her?

I don't know the answer, but I can surmise that a more thorough investigation may be warranted.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

You're completely missing the point of the quote you used. The whole point is that while it's illegal for Pitt to buy organs from PP, it's not illegal for Pitt to have organs "donated" from PP, then for Pitt to financially support PP with either "donations" or "reimbursement", or whatever accounting term they want to use, so long as they don't call it sales. Plus, in this case, Pitt has their own abortion mill on campus that they're harvesting organs from themselves, and the article specifically mentions that this clinic wasn't investigated at all. When you have the same people, or people who are close with each other, working for PP and for the Pitt clinic, it's easy to arrange for handsome financial compensation without ever putting a quid pro quo in writing.

But even if there aren't shady accounting tricks going on under the counter (which they don't know, because they openly state in the article that this wasn't investigated, or at least not in any way that they would talk about specifics on) none of this does anything to address the question of the morality of harvesting babies' organs and experimenting on them, which was the whole original point we were discussing before we got sidetracked onto debates of whether or not this or that abortion chain is technically handling the financial side of things in an illegal manner. It's like me trying to debate whether or not it's morally wrong to circumcise baby boys, and then you come up and claim that because no one has been prosecuted for illicitly profiting off of circumcision, that I'm making much ado about nothing. Regardless of what side you take, the argument has completely missed the point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know a couple that recently moved from California to Tennessee. Basically because they weren't enforcing theft laws under $950. Oh. And taxes. So yeah. Just because there's a law on the books doesn't mean it gets enforced. And it doesn't mean it's illegal.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I know a couple that recently moved from California to Tennessee. Basically because they weren't enforcing theft laws under $950. Oh. And taxes. So yeah. Just because there's a law on the books doesn't mean it gets enforced. And it doesn't mean it's illegal.
    Have a lady that moved here from Oregon. She is temporary in the house but has two big dogs that bark and charge the fence the entire time they are outside. She claps her hands at them.

I talked to her once, while the mutts were inside. She sees no problems with them acting like that. Claims they are protecting their yard. I have had my place over 17 years. Shame I can't walk around without being barked at.

She moved from OR and brought her be kind to everyone attitude with her.

Way OT but your post was a segway into it I guess.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Have a lady that moved here from Oregon. She is temporary in the house but has two big dogs that bark and charge the fence the entire time they are outside. She claps her hands at them.

I talked to her once, while the mutts were inside. She sees no problems with them acting like that. Claims they are protecting their yard. I have had my place over 17 years. Shame I can't walk around without being barked at.

She moved from OR and brought her be kind to everyone attitude with her.

Way OT but your post was a segway into it I guess.
    Good news is, if the economy keeps going like it is, those dogs will feed you for a week or more.

Top Bottom