• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Almost impossible to get now unless you pay top dollar. Supposed to be good pocket guns. I hear .380 ammo is also almost impossible to find lately.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I was in Connecticut over the weekend and they gun shop there had plenty of LCP's available for $349. I kind of regret not purchasing one.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I bought one in Feb. it would not fire and went back to the factory, I recieved it back 5 weeks later. The slide was machined wrong where the firing pin went through the face. New slide, new firing pin and all fitted correctly. I have ran 200 rounds Federal, Remington and Corr-bon through it without cleaning, trying to get it to malfunction. So far it has not missed a beat. I even killed a coyote with it yesterday at my parents farm in the barn. I have been carrying it for a week and it is a very easy pistol to carry. aside from my first isseues with Ruger quality control I believe it to be a great little piece.
    I paid $285 for mine in Feb. after being on a waiting list for about 6 weeks. The shop nad a couple the other day when I was in there same price. You just have to find a place that isn't out to screw you over on a new model pistol that is in demand.
    I got mine at Daves Guns in Holland IN.

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    I bought one in Feb. it would not fire and went back to the factory, I recieved it back 5 weeks later. The slide was machined wrong where the firing pin went through the face. New slide, new firing pin and all fitted correctly. I have ran 200 rounds Federal, Remington and Corr-bon through it without cleaning, trying to get it to malfunction. So far it has not missed a beat. I even killed a coyote with it yesterday at my parents farm in the barn. I have been carrying it for a week and it is a very easy pistol to carry. aside from my first isseues with Ruger quality control I believe it to be a great little piece.
    I paid $285 for mine in Feb. after being on a waiting list for about 6 weeks. The shop nad a couple the other day when I was in there same price. You just have to find a place that isn't out to screw you over on a new model pistol that is in demand.
    I got mine at Daves Guns in Holland IN.

I bought one from Gander Mountain in Greenwood a couple weeks ago ($350 - $10 coupon). I fired about a 100 rounds thru it. It's a great little carry gun. My only issue was that every 5th clip or so it would jam up on the first round. It seems that you have to pull the slide "all the way" back in order for it to not happen. And when I say "all the way" back, I mean ALL THE WAY...then release it. Someone mentioned using the slide lock but it's so small that it's a pain to do this all the time. Also, after completing a clip it doesn't leave the slide back like my XD. So if you're not counting you'll dry fire thinking there's another round left in there. Still, all in all, not a bad little gun.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Also, after completing a clip it doesn't leave the slide back like my XD. So if you're not counting you'll dry fire thinking there's another round left in there. Still, all in all, not a bad little gun.

I don't own one, and have not used one. But that sounds like a defect to me. Anyone know if the LCP is supposed to function that way, slide not locking to the rear when the Mag is empty?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Love mine and am very glad that I have ammo for it Every place I have looked in the past three weeks says that there is no .380 available anywhere. Last that I saw was reloads at Bullseye in Kokomo.

sr9t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    I bought a LCP about 2 months ago I paid $330.00 for it i have shot almost 400 rounds through it with out a single problem with it I love it the magazine extension for it is great does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best way to carry it on you and is so what kind of holster do you recommend?

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Not to hijack the thread-just wondering if the LCP is really worth so much more than a Kel Tec P3AT. I like the looks of the LCP ,but I've been happy with the Kel Tec so far. They both seem to have the same features to me.What say you?:dunno:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    LCP = Love

Countless rounds - Endless fun - Zero issues - Constant Companion

My constant companion, even when I carry a larger handgun.
    deadmanslcpec1.jpg

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    I bought a LCP about 2 months ago I paid $330.00 for it i have shot almost 400 rounds through it with out a single problem with it I love it the magazine extension for it is great does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best way to carry it on you and is so what kind of holster do you recommend?

I ordered an Uncle Mike's Ankle Holster size 1. They are back ordered right now, but supposed to ship soon.

mistergreentree

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I got one when they first came out and love it. It fits anywhere and is completely reliable. I had to send it in for the recall, but it was back in 2 weeks. I put the pocket clip for a Kel-tec on mine and so far have liked it...except for the occasional bite on the web of my hand when shooting. I need to work on the fit of that clip a little more. The new Hornady ammunition for it really performs well too. I've been finding it difficult to find any ammo lately...not just 380.

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Just got mine for 325.00 NIB and I love it. .380 Ammo is difficult to find but I will manage. Greatest CCW gun I have ever held in my life. Hopefully it performs on the range. If so than these guns freakin rock.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Not to hijack the thread-just wondering if the LCP is really worth so much more than a Kel Tec P3AT. I like the looks of the LCP ,but I've been happy with the Kel Tec so far. They both seem to have the same features to me.What say you?:dunno:

Yes they do have the same features pretty much. Pick them both up and look them over. I did this and the finish even though not the greatest on the LCP is much better than the Keltec. Yes the keltec serves its purpose and has earned respect but the LCP has a better fit and finish. Function wise I would say is pretty equal I know the LCP has had a few issues as well as the Keltecs. I guess it is just what you want to buy and carry. Either should serve anyone well. Variety is the spice of life.

Top Bottom