• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Looking at it, while ti would be ugly, I bet with a handful of new parts and new ammo it would fire and not look pretty, but you may want to put a houge grip on it so you don't cut your hand.

From the Trigger back the frame is somewhat ok, the worst hit was down at the bottom of the mag where there are no moving parts and aside from the missing recoil spring the slide looks to be in sufficient shape, factor in camera distortion and it may not be bent at all, examine the barrel/chamber for any cracks, but the way the blade hit it looks like the slide would have protected it. Pins 1, 3, trigger with trigger bar and maybe the connector and file off the top of the frame that got pushed up to where the slide rails need to be. Even if this wasn't meant as a torture test gone wrong, it's a Gen2 so it's not like it's under warranty, with proper safety precautions so it's not in someone's hand when it fires, I'd be interested to see it work again.

Cmon guys...rub some dirt on it, it's only a flesh wound. Slap the slide back on, get a new magazine and run it!

Meh, broken frame. I want to see close ups of the slide and barrel. You could always donate it to me so I can repair another Gen 2.

Looks like the barrel took a pretty good hit, probably need a new one of them too. For what it would cost in replacement parts you could darn near get a new gun I would think.

Another view posted in the reddit comments:
    BxpaE.jpg

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Yeah it'll need a new barrel seeing that. Still that' sub $200 in parts for a basically new $400 gun.

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    While i'd really like to have a Glock joke ready, all I will offer is my condolences on your loss. After seeing this tragedy, I'm taking my guns to the range tomorrow for some quality time.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Well, I guess that one is headed for the great gun collection in the sky somewhere. Too bad...makes for business though.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Nope not mine Im smarter than that. Sadly I dont have a Glock as of yet but I will one day get a 17 and a 20 lol

Yeah, I knew it wasn't yours because I've seen it before. I'm a frequent flyer on Reddit. There's always some interesting things on there. Be sure to pick up a 26 while your at it!

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Yeah, I knew it wasn't yours because I've seen it before. I'm a frequent flyer on Reddit. There's always some interesting things on there. Be sure to pick up a 26 while your at it!

I just recently discovered Reddit lol. We will see how I like my first Glock when the day comes. Im not to keen on them nor on little guns

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Looking at it, while ti would be ugly, I bet with a handful of new parts and new ammo it would fire and not look pretty, but you may want to put a houge grip on it so you don't cut your hand.

From the Trigger back the frame is somewhat ok, the worst hit was down at the bottom of the mag where there are no moving parts and aside from the missing recoil spring the slide looks to be in sufficient shape, factor in camera distortion and it may not be bent at all, examine the barrel/chamber for any cracks, but the way the blade hit it looks like the slide would have protected it. Pins 1, 3, trigger with trigger bar and maybe the connector and file off the top of the frame that got pushed up to where the slide rails need to be. Even if this wasn't meant as a torture test gone wrong, it's a Gen2 so it's not like it's under warranty, with proper safety precautions so it's not in someone's hand when it fires, I'd be interested to see it work again.

Looks fatal to me. Looks like the frame is chopped pretty good, right across where the takedown levers are. There ain't no commin back from that....

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I carry while mowing the field, with the bush hog. I hope I never drop my gun doing that. My sun glasses fell off one time, was nothing left of them. I shoot at ground hogs & such while mowing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom