• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    So we are reduced to saying that since American servicepeople died in Iraq, it was not a mistake?

If so, has there ever been a military exercise that was a real mistake then?

Let me guess, the only mistaken military interventions are those that were ordered by a Democrat, right?

There is no disrespect for any military person by saying that the leadership was incompetent in the way they went about performing their duties relating to the debacle that we have had in Iraq.

No one (liberal or otherwise) is 'spitting on' returning vets, except maybe the last congress & current administration by denying the benefits & services they need when returning from overseas with the attendant problems war causes.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    So we are reduced to saying that since American servicepeople died in Iraq, it was not a mistake?

If so, has there ever been a military exercise that was a real mistake then?

Let me guess, the only mistaken military interventions are those that were ordered by a Democrat, right?

There is no disrespect for any military person by saying that the leadership was incompetent in the way they went about performing their duties relating to the debacle that we have had in Iraq.

No one (liberal or otherwise) is 'spitting on' returning vets, except maybe the last congress & current administration by denying the benefits & services they need when returning from overseas with the attendant problems war causes.
    You said in another post that Republicans should get a thicker skin. It seems that you must have a pretty thin skin yourself. To quote you, " Let me guess, the only mistaken military interventions are those that were orderd by a Democrat, right?" If we shouldn't mind snide remarks made against our candidates, then why should you be offended by videos such as this directed to your OBAMA? :dunno:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You said in another post that Republicans should get a thicker skin. It seems that you must have a pretty thin skin yourself. To quote you, " Let me guess, the only mistaken military interventions are those that were orderd by a Democrat, right?" If we shouldn't mind snide remarks made against our candidates, then why should you be offended by videos such as this directed to your OBAMA? :dunno:

First, not "my Obama". You need to read some of my other posts.

I don't think I recall this video being directed at Obama. It was aimed at the "going into Iraq/the way Iraq was handled was a mistake crowd", which I will admit Obama was part of. He isn't the only one. I'm sure there are several people of the same opinion right here on this board.

I didn't reply because I was defending Obama. I replied defending the majority of people in the country right now.

Edit: Actually rereading my post I can't see where my tone was anything like "the nerve of some people", as you imply.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I don't think I recall this video being directed at Obama.
    fwiw.. the first three words he speaks in the video are "Dear Mr. Obama"

And based on the next few sentences he says, I would say that the speaker is saying that the presence of our Armed Forces (and although he doesn't mention it, the Armed Forces of other nations as well) has given the people of Iraq hope that they can live without fear of their government.

It's not that our presence there "is not a mistake because American servicepeople died in Iraq"... it's not a mistake because for the first time in their lives, the citizens of Iraq have hope of a future without fear of tyranny and terrorism, freedom to prosper and to raise their children with the hope of a better future.

And he said that all in the first fifteen seconds.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    fwiw.. the first three words he speaks in the video are "Dear Mr. Obama"

And based on the next few sentences he says, I would say that the speaker is saying that the presence of our Armed Forces (and although he doesn't mention it, the Armed Forces of other nations as well) has given the people of Iraq hope that they can live without fear of their government.

It's not that our presence there "is not a mistake because American servicepeople died in Iraq"... it's not a mistake because for the first time in their lives, the citizens of Iraq have hope of a future without fear of tyranny and terrorism, freedom to prosper and to raise their children with the hope of a better future.

And he said that all in the first fifteen seconds.

Sorry I missed that in the beginning. Obama is not the only person to say that Iraq was a mistake.

One of the problems I have with being in Iraq is that we were lied to about why we were going there in the first place. The reasons were changed many times until they found one that was palatable to people.

We were part of the reason that those people lived in fear & tyranny for all those years in the first place as we directly supported Saddam Hussein for many years.

There are a lot of people all over the world that live under the same conditions of fear & tyranny but we aren't rushing off to save them, are we? Nope. Why not? What makes Iraq so different? It couldn't possibly have anything to do with them having the second largest reserves of oil in the world could it? Nah. We're not that greedy are we?

I have no problem helping people have a better life (kind of like welfare, huh? Why is it OK to spend billions on a war to help Iraq but people bitch when we want to spend a fraction of that helping people in our own country?) but at least tell us the real reason why we are going there & then we can decide if we want to support it or not.

Top Bottom