www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have practice and know gun safety. Thank you though
    As others have said, its more than just about safety. Training is critical for building defensive skills you need to come out on top. And Its more than just hitting the bullseye. Its about managing unknown contacts, shooting on the move, knowing the law, and nuances you just wouldn't think about just by going to the range and standing there shooting at a paper target over and over.

Now if you are only going to be attacked by stationary bullseyes or B27s at known distances, you are good to go. :):

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So, I’m from Indianapolis and never have went camping much I’m now 20 and want to go camping but I’d like to have protection. I don’t have a gun license or permit. I have a date scheduled for my fingerprinting for march 1st but my camping trip is on the 25th. Anyway to speed up the process or legal way to buy a revolver without a gun license or permit? Sorry I’m pretty unfamiliar with the law and would like advice. Thanks guys
    I don't get it...your from indy where you would be about the first to hear about laws...guns being the biggest and plastered over every radio an news station. You said you know about guns fom grandpa, but yet you seem to know nothing going on around you. Do you live a sheltered life with no outside communication, i mean geeze, this is what i get from the info you provided. I'm sure others are thinking the same thing as me, but just haven't said it. I highly suggest what the experienced members are saying..get training, read and review ALL the laws and get some experience from the local gun clubs or ranges.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So, I’m from Indianapolis and never have went camping much I’m now 20 and want to go camping but I’d like to have protection. I don’t have a gun license or permit. I have a date scheduled for my fingerprinting for march 1st but my camping trip is on the 25th. Anyway to speed up the process or legal way to buy a revolver without a gun license or permit? Sorry I’m pretty unfamiliar with the law and would like advice. Thanks guys
    You cannot buy a handgun from an FFL until you are 21yo. You can buy one or be gifted one though.
    You can buy a long gun rifle, shotgun, Pistol Caliber Carbine, etc.
    You do not need to have a license to buy, or carry a handgun now since we have constitutional carry law. You just need to be a proper person.
    A handgun license is good to have if you travel to a state that doesn't have Constitutional carry, but honors our handgun license.
    Become a site supporter or get 50 quality posts and you will have access to the classified ads here. You might find a handgun you want from a fellow INGO member.

I remember being your age and thought how dumb it was for the government to refuse me a handgun when I needed one with a young family starting. Luckily my wife was a few years older and that solved that problem.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It seems you are convinced you don't need any training but I can assure you that it will serve you well to get some if you plan on carrying a firearm. There's much more to defending yourself with a pistol than having general firearms knowledge and knowing basic gun safety. A wise man once said, "owning a firearm doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician".
    Your life, your decision but I've been in numerous training classes and never felt like I was wasting my time or failed to learn something valuable.
    Dude, we were all 20 once. I remember who I was then. I didn't need anyone else's knowledge nor advice. I was the smartest person alive and would live forever. 28 years later I realize I was an idiot.

Get training. Learn the laws. practice often and hope you never need any of it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dude, we were all 20 once. I remember who I was then. I didn't need anyone else's knowledge nor advice. I was the smartest person alive and would live forever. 28 years later I realize I was an idiot.

Yep, when I was eighteen I knew everything.
    The older I get, the dumber I get...

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    Training is the #1 thing you should worry about right now. I wish I had started taking different classes the minute I started shooting firearms. I'd look for a class that isn't just a safety class, shooting on the move, behind cover, and most importantly mindset. You don't know what you don't know.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Training is the #1 thing you should worry about right now. I wish I had started taking different classes the minute I started shooting firearms. I'd look for a class that isn't just a safety class, shooting on the move, behind cover, and most importantly mindset. You don't know what you don't know.
    This.
    You just don’t know, what you don’t know.

Tetee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2022
    Indianapolis
    This.
    You just don’t know, what you don’t know.
    Training is the #1 thing you should worry about right now. I wish I had started taking different classes the minute I started shooting firearms. I'd look for a class that isn't just a safety class, shooting on the move, behind cover, and most importantly mindset. You don't know what you don't know

i appreciate what everyone told me. I took the advice. Since then I’ve found a new hobby I have grew to love.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And most importantly, did you actually go camping? Or are you talking about shooting sports as a new hobby?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom