• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Anyone ever heard of them? A friend of mine found a chest with cleaning kit along with 6 mags for this monster.

I was wondering if anyone around this area has one??

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Anyone ever heard of them? A friend of mine found a chest with cleaning kit along with 6 mags for this monster.

I was wondering if anyone around this area has one??

Yes, of course we've heard of them. The Finns used the L-39 quite a bit against the Soviets. Many were re-chambered because 20mm Lahti doesn't exactly grow on trees. Very collectible old relic.

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    No pics, My buddy doesn't know what he has.
    He gave me one of the mags, and the rest are out in his shed in his back yard. they came in a metal box, each had their own slot.

I been using mine for a door stop. lol.

Last edited:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'd put them up on Sunguns.com or AuctionArms.com. I know they can be worth some money, just not sure how much. Guys who play with them usually have lots of money!

Here's a pic of my buddy shooting the one he rebbuilt. It was fun blasting stuff at 300 yards. He turned soem solid brass bullets and they had no problems punching through a 3/4" plate we had set up at about 250 yards. Had a bit of a kick...

FrankandLahti.jpg

Lahti.jpg

I think he's sold his since then. He might have a Solothur, but can't remeber. He's a dealer/manufacturer, so his stock changes quite frequently!

Doug K

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    No pics, My buddy doesn't know what he has.
    He gave me one of the mags, and the rest are out in his shed in his back yard. they came in a medal box, each had their own slot.

I been using mine for a door stop. lol.

just curious...what kind of Medal was it? :D

:stickpoke: I keed :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You used to be able to buy those things from surplus dealers. I had a friend that had one. The Finns used them to great effect against the Russians as a light anti tank weapon. The bipod also served as skis to pull the things with. I'd like to have one of those mags if he sells them.

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Closest thing I've fired is Serbu's 50 BFG. Thats a teeth rattler but what a rush. With a C&R liscence which runs $30 for three years, you could buy any surplus/vitage gun like the Lahti or Solothurn. I'd like to get an old German PAK 37 with the air filled tires.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Is that a rifle or an anti-aircraft gun? Dang!

You can't really see it, but below the trigger guard, there is a lever on the front of the pistol grip. To cock the thing, there is a crank that runs a chain to pull the bolt back. The bolt locks open, you insert a round or a magazine and squeeze the lever on the front of the pistol grip to release the bolt. it slams forward with conserable force! Then, you squeeze the trigger to fire. If you hold in tight enough, the bolt will continue forward after the shot, for semi-auto fire. Most of the time, your grip is jarred enough that the bolt stays open.

Frank (the guy shown shooting it and the re-builder of this gun) told me the Finns' had a twin mount with a higher cap mag (10 rounds maybe). They made the firing pin fixed on it so that it would basically slam fire as soon as the bolt was locked up. They would use these as anti aircraft guns, firing full auto when the lever on the grip was squeezed. it must have been one hell of a stout mount or one tough SOb to make these bad boys go full auto!

Doug K

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I'd put them up on Sunguns.com or AuctionArms.com. I know they can be worth some money, just not sure how much. Guys who play with them usually have lots of money! [snip]
    I think he's sold his since then. He might have a Solothur, but can't remeber. He's a dealer/manufacturer, so his stock changes quite frequently!
    [/snip]
    Doug K

Wow, that sure is an intimidating weapon. I do realize that those weapons are incredibly outdated at this point and time but I think I'd shart myself if I saw someone pointing that at me. Not to mention, it is probably banned from anti-personnel uses in war anyway. But I'm just saying. I'm assuming that the ammo has to be custom-made or is on very, very short supply? Just out of curiosity, how much DOES a single round of ammo for that kind of gun cost?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I know the brass that my freind was using was aroun $15-20 apiece. he turned the bullets out of solid brass stock. I'm nto sure how much powder he used, but it was only a few shots per pound! So, yes, it's very expensive, even for a DIY'er!

Doug k

Top Bottom