• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I'm going Saturday morning just to window shop. There were some ammo cans there I wanted to pick up this time around. I may also bring something along to shop around for a trade, just for kicks.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Semper Fi Subic,

On the extension we will have a few different options, only info I will need is barrel length and capacity you want.
    On the Benelli M4 I am currenlty out of the GG&G handles but have the DMW in stock. We also have a couple of three different options on extensions for the M4.
    My M4 will be there and has some upgrades stop by and check it out

Glad you guys mentioned the lighting I will bring a bit for the display then.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've only been to the 1500. Is the Lafayette gun show even worth the drive? How does it compare to the 1500? It's 50 minutes from me.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I hit the last one, really enjoyed it. Free parking, $5 at the door, not packed like cattle, and guns, real guns, not 30 tables of China crap.

Good show, I'd be going but the Trapper Rendezvous is at Hoosier Trappers Supply, and I need new snares worse than a new revolver.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It is not usually that dark in the show. Or, no more dark than any other gun show building, anyway. They're never in super-brightly lit "showroom style" buildings...

Kokomo is very bright, Rochester in nicely bright, Lafayette is dark...

The Lafayette show the past couple of time I went was ok for new semi-auto handgun prices, was high for all AR parts, had almost zero reloading supplies, no HK or FN parts, ok prices on complete AR's. Whether or not it is worth the trip depends on what you are looking for.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Well were here and its actually looking like a decent little show. The crowd is decent and polite, steady.
    Im seeing a bit of isle trading going on and have looked at some stuff guys are selling so looks to shape up to be a decent wheeling and dealing show.

The lighting does suck donkey ***** though, I will be going out for some more lighting if any of our help shows up today!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, the Lafayette show does seem rather dark to me. (Not a single word about how Kirk's eyes are getting old).

I bought a Molle pistol mag pouch for my chest rig, a .50 cal. ammo can and got a smoking deal on a bunch of .38 wadcutters, Golden Saber in .45 acp and picked up a bunch of 8mm Mauser soft points.

I also bought a bunch of Hilco Lube Wipes. I cannot believe the dealer had any left. If you have not tried them, they are the bee's knees.

SRT Supply E-Store - Detail

In addition to better lighting, I wish the Lafayette show would have a sand barrel so guys are safely clear their weapons since they have a silly "no loaded guns" sign.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    nothing against any gunshow or promoter as I am glad we have them, but that show and a few other small ones around Indiana seem to have several non FFL dealers who always crack silly statements and insults when u will not sell them your gun for a song and dance! A few are FFLs and some non FFLs are courteous enough to just pass if it is not the deal they are looking for but some of them are dip #hits!

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Just got back from the show, it was pretty lightly attended. There were some vendors that were missing from the last show as well. There were a few deals, but I saw lots of heavily worn, overpriced semi auto handguns.

There is one table in the middle, near the front with some folks from Connersville that had some nice offerings for reasonable prices. Overall, it was worth the 5 bucks admission and a good 90 minute prelude to football Sunday. Worth a look if you're searching for a deal and have done your homework.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had some dip-Wads that did the same thing to me. They think there stuff is worth a million and your stuff is'nt worth squat. I took it personal on a couple of people and then the next guy was the Gentleman @ Jack's Stuff and I took my frustrations out on him. He was really trying to deal with me but I was already frustrated. For that I am sorry. We did actually end up dealing, It was not the perfect deal for me,But usually that is the way it goes. I will deal with Jack's Stuff again. Good dude!
    Most of the people that run these booths should really learn a little customer service and not belittle people, The bad thing it happens in most gun shops also. The way the economy is right now it would be better to try to be a bud not a jerk. Jim

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I wonder if I will ever read about a gun show where people don't **** and moan about admission, not being able to get everything there for a steal, a crowd, not having some off the wall product they want, or your other usual complaints.

I won't hold my breath.

They're gun shows. Not happy magic fun-time stores.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I wonder if I will ever read about a gun show where people don't **** and moan about admission, not being able to get everything there for a steal, a crowd, not having some off the wall product they want, or your other usual complaints.

I won't hold my breath.

They're gun shows. Not happy magic fun-time stores.

It will probably be the same thread where people don't complain about the complainers. :)

Rescue912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Lafayette
    First time I've been in a couple years, smaller than I remember. There were some deals, just had to look for them.

Art's had a .410 semi-auto that was pretty banged up but would be fun to whittle a stock out for the 8 year old for dove season. Price was right but I don't need another project.

Top Bottom