• ...and so much more!
  • Kokesh March- Yay or Nay

• Total voters

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I guess for those in favor, I just don't see what good the march will do. I 100% understand the idea that rights should not be violated. However, did I miss something or why is DC just now becoming a target?? I mean, as far as I can remember DC was always an "off limits" firearm district. Doesn't mean it's right, but I'm curious as to why now it has become a target for disobedience. It's fine that DC gun owners want their rights, but again I don't see this as the way to go about doing it.

And as far as the disobedience part goes, I don't agree with kokesh at all. This is not Civil Disobedience, IE Rosa Parks sitting on an all white bus, or peaceful marching with MLK jr. NOW, I know their cause wasn't guns, but still they were not presenting a direct hostile perception.

And even though NO LAW IS BEING BROKEN by them doing this, a completely locked and loaded fully armed march on the capitol is a direct display of hostility. One can shout "peaceful protest" all one wants, however you still do not APPEAR too peaceful when toting your fully loaded AK in a tac vest with camo pants on. No one is going to view that as a peaceful march. The image that will be projected on gun owners will be severely negative, and will likely end up dissuading more people away from the true fight.

^^^and that's if noone decides to have an itchy trigger finger
    There is a time to stand up and fight with force, but there is also a time to fight with logic and reason. :ranton: :soapbox: ...:twocents:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I agree with the idea that he is supporting. Not only do we need to stop the gun control laws that are being proposed, but we should roll back the gun control laws that already exsist and are nothing but a hinderance to lawful gun owners. Examples would be the 922r compliance laws or the NFA Act of '34 or the Gun Control Act of '68.

What I do not support is the method of this march. He wants masses of citizens who are not only carrying weapons, but loaded weapons, to march illegally. At least, that is my understanding of it. Carrying loaded weapons into DC is only going to create trouble. What if some stupid idiot in the crowd or in the police deciedes to fire...then the other side fires back...you just created a firefight. The publicity would be horrific and public opinion would turn strongly against gun owners.

It seems to me that the unintended consequences would be dire and easily used to restrict our rights further or remove them completely. I understand the concept of peaceful disobedience. And that method of protest can be quite effective as long as it can be kept peaceful. Study the civil rights movement and you will see how hard Martin Luther King Jr. had to work to keep things peaceful on his side. That is why he made such a difference. But it would take very, very little for this situation to become violent.

It seems to me that the benefits are not worth the risk.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I agree with the idea that he is supporting. Not only do we need to stop the gun control laws that are being proposed, but we should roll back the gun control laws that already exsist and are nothing but a hinderance to lawful gun owners. Examples would be the 922r compliance laws or the NFA Act of '34 or the Gun Control Act of '68.

What I do not support is the method of this march. He wants masses of citizens who are not only carrying weapons, but loaded weapons, to march illegally. At least, that is my understanding of it. Carrying loaded weapons into DC is only going to create trouble. What if some stupid idiot in the crowd or in the police deciedes to fire...then the other side fires back...you just created a firefight. The publicity would be horrific and public opinion would turn strongly against gun owners.

It seems to me that the unintended consequences would be dire and easily used to restrict our rights further or remove them completely. I understand the concept of peaceful disobedience. And that method of protest can be quite effective as long as it can be kept peaceful. Study the civil rights movement and you will see how hard Martin Luther King Jr. had to work to keep things peaceful on his side. That is why he made such a difference. But it would take very, very little for this situation to become violent.

It seems to me that the benefits are not worth the risk.

These are my thoughts exactly.

Top Bottom