• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    If you are going to stand on the line to watch the shooting, bring eye protection. More than one person has reported being hit by bounce back.

Also, be aware that you cannot carry at Knob Creek and security will sometime elect to search you if they think you are lieing.

You can carry at the creek. But the security will put a zip tie on the gun. No "magazines in."
    I've carried more then once there and a couple times it is fun to walk in carrying a big belt fed or something everyone wants.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    occassionally they have a group who gives rides in helos, one year they had a Huey, most of time is an OH-6.

littlebird.jpg

littlebird_knee.jpg

If you like roller coasters, you have GOT to ride in the Little Bird. I do NOT like roller coasters, but I still did it!! I'd never been in a helicopter before, much less one with no doors that you pretty much strap on rather than into... it was a rush.

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Rotor Talker said:
    All this in addition to the gun show, line shoot, people watching, occassionally they have a group who gives rides in helos, one year they had a Huey, most of time is an OH-6.

They had a medevac Huey there last fall. Taking a ride in it was the highlight of the weekend for me and my son. It was something I'd wanted to do my whole life. The next bird they have on tour should be a gun ship that was attached to the 1st Cav while in Viet Nam. Last fall they said that it was currently being restored, but I'm not sure if it will be ready for the spring shoot or won't be there until this fall.

I'll be there in April with some buddies. We're staying at our usual hotel in Radcliff on Friday and Saturday night. :D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    littlebird.jpg

littlebird_knee.jpg

If you like roller coasters, you have GOT to ride in the Little Bird. I do NOT like roller coasters, but I still did it!! I'd never been in a helicopter before, much less one with no doors that you pretty much strap on rather than into... it was a rush.

I did it too (not there) and it scared the :poop: out of me because I hate heights and all of the steep turns were on my side and I could not even feel the seat belt - what a rush ;)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    awesome. hope to see you all there. i will be the guy with a big smile on his face.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I heard a rumor that there were opportunities to rent and shoot full-auto (but that it's stupidly expensive). What's the story there? For a visitor who doesn't have a place on the line, what's there to do besides watch other people shoot?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I heard a rumor that there were opportunities to rent and shoot full-auto (but that it's stupidly expensive). What's the story there? For a visitor who doesn't have a place on the line, what's there to do besides watch other people shoot?

You can volunteer to be a moving target :D Ammo is expensive, as you know but it is like being a kid in a candy store. As long as it's not raining it is a blast, coupled with a very large gun show.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I heard a rumor that there were opportunities to rent and shoot full-auto (but that it's stupidly expensive). What's the story there?

Yes; the lower range typically has several vendors with F/A guns to rent. You can do single weapons or "packages" (i.e. the WWII subgun package that includes a Thompson, MP40 and STEN). It was ridiculously expensive when I was last there a couple years ago; probably worse now with ammo prices as they are. AND you have to get there early to get your name on the list, else you'll be waiting all day to shoot.

For a visitor who doesn't have a place on the line, what's there to do besides watch other people shoot?

Gun rentals (see above), Jungle Walk (walk a course through the woods, shooting at hidden targets along the way; guy who finds/hits the most targets in the fastest time wins a prize), Subgun/Assault Rifle/Shotgun matches (you have to sign up for these in advance), helicopter rides, and the bigass gun show immediately adjacent to the main line (think Indy 1500, but pretty much all black rifles/machine guns/ammo/accessories with relatively little flea market junk). AND, don't rule out "watching other people shoot" - you haven't lived until you've seen a guy with a Minigun single-handedly destroy a Winnebago, and the Night Shoot is something to behold. :biggun:

Top Bottom