• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Those are some very nice looking knives. A good working knife at a good price is something hard to find anymore. Like yourself, I feel a working knife needs to look like a working knife, not art. Nothing wrong with a work of art knife, just not in the field IMHO.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    WHOOOOT!! i just got off the phone with the Indy gun show!! i WILL have a table at the show in march! stop and say "HI!"......

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i hope you do well.i think you should make a ingunowners knife i say that because i think they might sell.any opinions or suggestions.i will see you and your work in march.good luck

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    adding some pics of some recent stuff!

the kitchen knife is probly the nicest knife i've made to date!

100_1933.jpg

100_1934.jpg

100_1989.jpg

100_1991.jpg

100_1935.jpg

100_1965.jpg

100_1901.jpg

100_1942.jpg

folders.jpg

100_1897.jpg

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Nice stuff, Cubby!

What is the purpose of the hole at the bottom rear of the blade in the one right below the kitchen knife?

honest, no internet BS answer:

i liked they way it looked!! bwahahaha!!! now it CAN have uses like 1) making a knife "jump safe" for guys who jump out of perfectly good planes, so their knives STAY PUT in the sheaths, or 2) to make a spear with a long stick. but when i designed it, i thought "you know. this will look cool with a hole like some of the guys do!".. so i did it!:laugh:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    It DOES look cool!!

It kinda reminded me of the Smatchett, with the hole on one side of the blade to tell the 'fine' edge for the 'coarse' edge.

What would something like that cost?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    It DOES look cool!!

It kinda reminded me of the Smatchett, with the hole on one side of the blade to tell the 'fine' edge for the 'coarse' edge.

What would something like that cost?

that one was priced at $175. without military, LEO discount. base price, without the stonewash finish would have been around $150. i think its the second most expensive knife i've ever made!:cheers:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Man I've gotta tell you, your knives look outstanding. Sounds like you're making quality blades too. I've just PM'ed you, I'm interested in buying some off of you. Thanks.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm looking for something along the line of the KaBar TDI. I saw one the other day and was disappointed to see "Made in Taiwan." How much would something like this run?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I'm looking for something along the line of the KaBar TDI. I saw one the other day and was disappointed to see "Made in Taiwan." How much would something like this run?

how much "like"? i won't rip off a maker or company, but i can do something with a krink in its neck. but it won't "look" like a TDI. it would look differently, but be for the same style of task (weapon retention, draw stroke similiar to a pistol, better thrust ratio on account of alignment with forearm).

pm sent. :)

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    ImportedPhotos00081.jpg

in the above photo, i made the tanto, not the wharny. that is made by my good friend Joe Brum.
    thanks![/quote]

ok i definately love the tanto in this picture. What kind of price would you charge to make one just like this thats about 5" long overall? Could you please PM back with a price. I LOVE your work and i want a knife made you!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    not this time, shark. i had planned to be there earlier this year... but funds for materials ran out. hopefully by years end i can have enough put together to make a table possible!

tireburner,

pm inbound.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yup, every time I check this thread, I get more and more interested in one of your knives! Do you have any available at this time?? PM me if its more appropriate.

thanks,
    clay

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    clay, the only knife i have made, on hand is the drop point with tan scales and red liners.... i can snap a pic of the blanks i have done, ready to be ground. i'll do that here in a minute.

Top Bottom