• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You got all the cool toys! Got a profile shot? That thing is sweet.

I like it a lot. When you pick it up, it just feels like its wants to chop something.
    chop.gif

8661210907_b8cfb97b81_b.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It fits my hand like a glove. His stuff is the perfect blend of traditional meets tactical. I really want to hold one of his horse mat handled pieces sometime. I see one of his hawks in my future.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Finally found a pic of a knife I bought from Brad and didn't give away.

DPX H.E.S.T. 2.0 - My gfs EDC (aka sits in her purse and doesn't get used nearly as much as it deserves), I keep trying to get her to trade me, but no luck so far.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Winkler WKII Utility

Are those Winkler knives as nice as they should be for the money? I've been wanting one for a while. I'm not a collector and would probably end up beating on it. Can't decide if it would be worth getting or if I should just stick with ESEE's

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Are those Winkler knives as nice as they should be for the money? I've been wanting one for a while. I'm not a collector and would probably end up beating on it. Can't decide if it would be worth getting or if I should just stick with ESEE's

That's a tough question. Will you get 3 to 4 times the performance out of one over an ESEE (when factoring in the cost)? Absolutely not. But if you appreciate the time, craftsmanship, and elbow grease used to create a knife by hand, I think they are well worth it. Don't get me wrong, I own the entire ESEE lineup and they perform incredibly. In fact, I don't think there is a better bang-for-buck knife company out there, and we're lucky to have Knife Lady as a first class dealer on them. But there is something special to me about the small guy making a bad ass product by hand. I've grown to hate stuff branded as "tactical", zombie, or some TV survival doofus's name like Bear Grylls. It simply seems too :mallninja: Most of Winkler's stuff is inspired by actual bad asses, like the American frontiersman. The details that go into the sheath, fit, and finish are incredible. Little details like tapered handles and fiddle maple on that belt knife get my attention. There is nothing I can do with a Winkler that I couldn't do with an ESEE 4 or Laser Strike, but I simply have more fun doing it. Plus I'm a gear whore, so the fact that the special forces guys kicking ass in the scariest places on gods green Earth give Winkler their stamp of approval, garnishes major brownie points. But I'm a full blown knife addict, and need the hard stuff to get me excited :laugh:.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks for the answer Tradertator. I also appreciate things that are hand made. I guess I need to get one and see what all the excitement is about. Maybe I'll cut up a Honda and post a vid of it on here! Nice knife BTW!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Picked up a new (to me at least) Busse Basic 10 from Nova512 this week. This is an awesome piece of INFI steel. The balance on the Busse is great and it's a lighter "feel" than I thought it would be. About the only thing I'm not crazy about are the one-piece rubber grips. They feel just "ok". Is it possible to remove them and have a set of slabs made in G-10? And as some of you may have seen, Nova512 offers a sharpening service. Let me tell you, I've had "sharp" knives before but I've NEVER had a blade as sharp as he's made this Busse! As soon as I get a little down-time from work, I'm going to send off a couple Esee's (like the Junglas shown in the comparison pic) to Nova512.

Anyway, here's some pics of the Busse, with a pic showing it's relation in size to my Esee Junglas. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to have a couple free minutes to chop the crap out of something.

qqcwn8.jpg

2ica6bn.jpg

2lsgyhe.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    You can normally send busses off to the custom shop and have handles put on. however being that the basic series isn't quite completely full tang you may need to call the shop and ask. I bet they could might work something out though.

Me personally the res c grips are some of my favorites. they absorb most all vibrations when chopping and are sticky even when wet. I dig them.

congrats on the great blade man!

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    My meager beginning.
    AE300928-79F1-48F2-8F9C-1812BCC703D7-1049-000000A6BD99FF23_zps3efea613.jpg

Top to bottom: esee junglas, Chris reeve pacific, esee 3
    Left to right: microtech ultratech, microtech LUDT, piranah P1 pocket.

Top Bottom