• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    well i would try to keep it concealed it can cause i fuss if the wrong person sees it and desides to call the LE then you end up with a but cluster **** like i had on the way home from the range with my 2 friends in my car it was not fun to say the least. but oc is leagel so i wouldnt worry to much just try not to let it flash too much ya know

You KNOW there is no way to write that paragraph without telling the whole story!

Come on, I'm ready. :popcorn2:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    ok if you must know me and 2 of my friends(who are boyfriend and girlfriend) were going to go to the gun range for my 21st after i picked up my sig p6 but when we got there they were closed we got there 5 min to late and on the way they had been loading all the mags. so we just left and on our way back they where unloading the mags and got to the last mag in my sig that i had in the gun so they went to unload it but b4 they even took it out of the holster which was in the seat inbetween them some old guy was stairing into my car seen the guns sitting in the car and called the cops we ended up been pulled over by 10 cop cars from 3 diff departments and about 2o cops all armed commanding us out of the car one by one cuffing us and throwing us to the ground and telling me that i was lieing about my litch and that it was not leagel to have a gun showing blah blah blah.... and waisted over 3 hours of all our times (cause they didnt care what the hell we had to say cause we are a bunch of "kids") and then threatened us b4 they had to let us go cause we didnt do a dam thing wrong

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    ok if you must know me and 2 of my friends(who are boyfriend and girlfriend) were going to go to the gun range for my 21st after i picked up my sig p6 but when we got there they were closed we got there 5 min to late and on the way they had been loading all the mags. so we just left and on our way back they where unloading the mags and got to the last mag in my sig that i had in the gun so they went to unload it but b4 they even took it out of the holster which was in the seat inbetween them some old guy was stairing into my car seen the guns sitting in the car and called the cops we ended up been pulled over by 10 cop cars from 3 diff departments and about 2o cops all armed commanding us out of the car one by one cuffing us and throwing us to the ground and telling me that i was lieing about my litch and that it was not leagel to have a gun showing blah blah blah.... and waisted over 3 hours of all our times (cause they didnt care what the hell we had to say cause we are a bunch of "kids") and then threatened us b4 they had to let us go cause we didnt do a dam thing wrong

You got to the range late. Left. On the way home your friends were unloading mags. Someone was going to unload your firearm in the car but before that happened someone saw all this going on and called the PD having seen "guns" (there were more than one?). And you are all kinda youngish. You got pulled out "felony stop style".

Am I getting it right?

I am a slave to punctuation, my wife teases me. :):

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    your gettin this right we had the 2 hand guns in the car my sig and his bretta. the rifles were in the back with my 12 ga. i guess you would say "felony stop style". we had 20 fully armed leo's with everything from glocks ,shotguns mp5's and m16's pointed at us almost the whole time. Even after been cuffed and put to the ground hard!!! i was most uncomfortable with the fact that not a one of them had there fingers off the trigger at any time(even when the glock was not but a cupple in from my head.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    your gettin this right we had the 2 hand guns in the car my sig and his bretta. the rifles were in the back with my 12 ga.

I am glad it came out ok. But it probably is not a good idea to fondle weapons or ammo while in the car. Not saying I have not done it myself, but I am careful about it.

Tell me you don't have scary tattoos or anything, 'cause I am getting a mental image that is all wrong. ;)

Oh, and maybe the less is that you can let it all hang out in public, just don't touch it... :lmfao:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    lol i have no tats or any thing nor do my friends. and at the time when the guy was lookin in to the car no one had any hands on any guns. the cops just said they got a report of 3 "kids" in a car with guns.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I kinda go both ways on this. For the most part I like OC, don't really have a reason just do. But if the situation is right I will CC. Example I went to Dairy Queen a couple days ago and there was a huge line (Mostly moms and kids), I thought it might be a good idea to CC. The way I see it adults don't really ask to many questions if they notice your gun but kids tend to be more curious and like to ask questions. I don't really like that kind of attention. But like I said if it's a place where I feel that there might be a lot of people that feel uncomfortable with me OC then I CC.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    some old guy was stairing into my car seen the guns sitting in the car

Two words: Window. Tint.

Privacy is a GOOD THING. I hate nosey busy bodies looking into my vehicles. Friggin' peeping tom's if you ask me.

Police completely over reacted. Responding to something that is completely legal like you were terrorists. Ridiculous. I'm fed up with law abiding people getting treated like criminals. This insanity has got to stop.

Coming back from gun shows or where ever we regularly handle weapons checking them out and looking over our newest acquisition. Then again with 5% tint on the windows no one sees anything anyway :cool:

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    What do you want the cops to do? They get a call about a bunch of kids with guns... unloading or loading in the back of a car. How are they supposed to handle that? Send one car and ask everyone nicely out? What if these kids were on the way to the next Columbine, mall shooting or something like that. What if they weren't law abiding citizens?

Now that is a stretch but it puts the cops in a very bad position. Don't put yourself in that position and you probably won't have a problem.

I'm sorry to say this sanzo but if you conduct yourself in public the way you conduct yourself/write on this board maybe you come off as shady and suspicious. :shady: I'm not Ernest Hemingway but show some respect for yourself and the English language.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    ummm... excuse me but shady where do you get that from??? im very sorry you feel im "shady" but im not going to take the time to spell every lil thing out and be a total grammer freak not my style. and for 2 the guns were not been touched when the man was next to my car thank you. and none of us are really kids we are all over 18 but most older ppl would call us kids and im sorry but as for your comment about haveing respect for myself and the english language where do you get off??????????????? (and on another note i just dont have the want to sink any more money in to my 97 ford thats why the windows are not tinted lol)

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Wow. I'd be contacting a lawyer and after collection moving out of that county...hell, the state.

Unless you look like a wannabe thug.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I OC approx 90% of the time, even while working ( I'm an independent contractor/general handyman) an have not encountered problems.

Gotten a few strange looks (customers in Walmart)...........but no MWG calls. Even when "CC" I usually just wear a vest so wpn is exposed on and off during my activities.

Local lumber yard, the young men working outside have ask about why I carry and I've been able to plant some seeds! :thumbsup:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    oh and i found out the best part i guess the guy that reported us was an off duty cop and get this he reported us a as 3 mexican men. lol (note we are all white im the darkest and im not dark skined at all(even when tan) and my friends gf is about as white as you can get){note he said 3 men and one is with out a doubt a girl} lol

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sanzo, I'da called an attorney on that one. Someone owes you an apology. I understand that cops have a hard job and yes there are many crazies out there. But Holy crap, what if everyone who fondled their gun/mags/ammo anywhere but home/range/gun store got tossed around like a criminal? You can't see everyone as a BG or you're just living life in fear. Be aware of your surroundings, but don't fear everyone and every situation.

I think you guys who refuse to OC is just fine. Nothing wrong with it. But at the same time, it is a bit close minded and just a bit being afraid. I know, "Now hold on Ryan, you don't know what you're saying"... Yes I do. You choose not to OC in fear that the BG will see and "take you out first" or that you will be hassled by the LEO's. So that's being afraid. It's close minded because you refuse to OC for whatever reason. If you have never OCed then you can't knock it for any reason. I have OCed alot in the almost month I've been carrying, and while it's not a length of time, I've never had a problem. I've had a couple neighbors get educated, a couple I met at the gas station got educated, and I've never had a problem in Wal-Hell.

As has been said, people become more polite. Either out of fear or respect, who knows. I love it when people see it, see you and nod or give you that look like "good for you" or whatever, or they see you and ask "Isn't that illegal?". I love to educate. I work with this security guard who hates guns. He was shot with his own gun and now thinks they are evil. So I asked why he's a security guard at a Computer assembly plant. You know what he said????? "Because nothing will ever happen here where I will need a gun." I looked at him with my jaw on the floor, he asked what the problem was, and I had to walk away. You can't change a stubborn 60y/o's mind so why bother.

My point is, OC, CC, do what you feel comfortable with. But don't say that OCing is stupid for any reason. More people should OC so the non-carrying public isn't so apprehinsive toward those of us who do carry, period.

I can already smell the :do2:ing match now... :popcorn2:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    know i would be happy if someone did give us an apology, but none was given by anyone there not a one of the 20 from the 2 counties involved (one of them was from the county we came from) the city or the state LEO's that were involved. and to top it off every time i asked why we had been stopped like this they went around my question. (ie saying you cant have your guns where people can see them etc... {is it me or is that illegal not to answer what the "reasons" for a stop after you have been told your rights???}) oh and i found out how the call went out because of someone i know in the department.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, I will bite since the bait has been laid out so nicely (to include popcorn!). And this is more a response to SavageEagle than sanzo87:

I find a difference between OC and handling firearms in public.
    I find a difference between OC and loading/unloading mags in public.

Personally, I would have left the firearm and magazine handling until I was in a destination where that was safer and a better choice. I would do that for two reasons: 1. people messing with firearms in cars occationally shoot themselves (I remember two cases last year alone) - distraction level is high, etc. & 2. if the face of OC is to be people in cars messing with guns and ammo, it does not help any cause. Frankly, I am not surprised someone made a call.

Now, I think that checking you out and maybe asking you to wait to get home or the office before unloading your weapons/mags would have been appropriate for the police to do. Your experience sounds like it was worse than that. I am not here to defend whatever went down, but a call and a checkout I think is appropriate in the case as described regardless of your "latino look" ( wow! ).

As for "being scared" as being the source for all opposition to OC, that is a bit much. Sure, not wanting to bring down the police on oneself is an issue that you could call "fear" or you could call it a "calculated decision". Not wanting to lose tactical advantage could also be called "scared" but then I guess many of the great icons in the gun world are also cowards (include Mas Ayoob in there). And not wanting to make your life into the spokesperson for the gun world could also be "fear" but I would call it normal.

Again, I am interested in OC and may just add it to my carry life. But really, it won't be because of, or not because of, my overwelming state of fear.

As for gun handling, mine will stay in the holster and only come out when it is time to clean or shoot and neither of those happens in my car. Or at least not yet.

Now, I hope that butters the popcorn. :popcorn2:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    note i was not messing with any of the guns or ammo. I was driveing the only gun with a mag in it that was loaded was mine and it was not chambered for the reason that it was not on my person at the time but in the back of the car with the 2 other people. the person handleing the sig (i am totally confident in his abbility to handle my firearms even when loaded he is a very carefull person) was unloading the mags. and it was most deff more than asking us to wait till we got home and it gota lil worse/ better after they realized that my friend has family that is on the force and that i knew the sargent of the city rather well and one recongized me form some ride alongs i had done

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    As for gun handling, mine will stay in the holster and only come out when it is time to clean or shoot and neither of those happens in my car. Or at least not yet.

I wear CC and there are times I have to leave my gun in the vehicle. I take it from my holster while inside the vehicle and lock it up. When I return I unlock it and while standing with my strongside to the vehicle I reholster it. I always check my surroundings before doing this and nothing I do draws attention to myself. The gun stays in the same state (One in the chamber, I have a XD) the entire time.

Top Bottom