• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It'll be interesting to see if this one gets passed. Maybe autos will once again be manufactured in Kentucky.

Kentucky State Rep. Files Bill to Block Enforcement of All Federal Gun Control | ShallNot.org

The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky finds and declares that all federal acts, laws, orders, rules and regulations regarding firearms, present or future, are a violation of the sections and amendments to the Constitution of the United States specified in Section 1 of this Act and are:

(a) Invalid in this Commonwealth;

(b) Not recognized by the Commonwealth;

(c) Considered null and void by the Commonwealth; and

(d) Of no effect in this Commonwealth

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are some right thinking Americans in Kentucky. I suspect Mitch of being from somewhere else,

HawgdawgLS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    US
    Even if it did get passed, it would be interesting to see how it would play out in the courts. Potentially it could lead to a landmark SCOTUS decision on the 9th and/or 10th Amendments.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even if it did get passed, it would be interesting to see how it would play out in the courts. Potentially it could lead to a landmark SCOTUS decision on the 9th and/or 10th Amendments.

The feds could *cough* *cough* *cough* just ignore it like they've done the marijuana legalization in place like CO and WA and do nothing....It could happen.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Political grandstanding. Accomplishes nothing.

it would be interesting to see how it would play out in the courts.

Um, the same way it played out in Montana.

Look, this is just pointless bloody shirt waving to appeal to the Alex Jones set. Instead of making real progress politicians waste their time and resources on silly stuff as this.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The feds could *cough* *cough* *cough* just ignore it like they've done the marijuana legalization in place like CO and WA and do nothing....It could happen.

The problem with marijuana is that it's illegal by international treaty, NOT just federal law.

The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961

"...A 1962 issue of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs' Bulletin on Narcotics proudly announced that "after a definite transitional period, all non-medical use of narcotic drugs, such as opium smoking, opium eating, consumption of cannabis (hashish, marijuana) and chewing of coca leaves, will be outlawed everywhere. This is a goal which workers in international narcotics control all over the world have striven to achieve for half a century."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As some have asked about Montana: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Firearms_Freedom_Act

This is just as stupid and feckless as the Kentucky Declaration. If politicians want to "do something" (always a dangerous phrase for politicians), then do something productive:

►pass a resolution to urge Congress to reform/repeal the NFA
    ►pass shall sign for NFA for Kentucky
    ►mandatory firearms training in schools
    ►tax reform wherein firearms training is an above the line tax deduction

Among many, many other ideas.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, we shouldn't pack our bags, and buy land, and move, just yet ?????

I understand the need to "do something". My argument is that by "doing something" we should write and call our state representative and senators in Indianapolis in a couple of months!

There are no magic bullets in this fight. Just a steady slog through the state legislatures.

People want magic. They want a man on horseback to save them. They want daddy to fix the car and they want it fixed now.

The only person that will save us is in the mirror. We have to get to work. The long, boring, steady fight is ahead of us. We cannot wish it away with silly magic such as this proposal.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I understand the need to "do something". My argument is that by "doing something" we should write and call our state representative and senators in Indianapolis in a couple of months!

There are no magic bullets in this fight. Just a steady slog through the state legislatures.

People want magic. They want a man on horseback to save them. They want daddy to fix the car and they want it fixed now.

The only person that will save us is in the mirror. We have to get to work. The long, boring, steady fight is ahead of us. We cannot wish it away with silly magic such as this proposal.

YOU, Sir, are RIGHT, once again .....

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It would pretty sweet but I am not holding my breath. Plus I can't stop thinking about the movie Angles in the Outfield... "It could happen"

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Better start contacting them now, as this is the time when bills are being drafted. It's too late after session has started, as the deadline to submit bills is already passed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Better start contacting them now, as this is the time when bills are being drafted. It's too late after session has started, as the deadline to submit bills is already passed.

Sample letters and addresses?

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    As some have asked about Montana: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Firearms_Freedom_Act
    This is just as stupid and feckless as the Kentucky Declaration....

What the Montana firearms freedom act really does is relieve Montana residents the worry of being prosecuted for certain Federal gun violations. The state does not care if Cowboy Bob wants to use a homebuilt suppressor or 20mm coyote blaster. Now Cowboy Bob just has to worry about the Feds. And in my many years in that state I never recall seeing a Federal enforcement agent outside of 1) National parks, 2) BLM land, 3) Indian reserves.
    The law declares that firearms manufactured in the state of Montana after October 1, 2009, and which remain in the state, are exempt from United States federal firearms regulations, provided that these items are clearly stamped "Made in Montana" on a central metallic part. It applies to all firearms other than fully automatic weapons, firearms that cannot be carried and used by one person, and firearms with a bore diameter greater than 1½ inch which use smokeless powder. It also applies to ammunition (except exploding projectiles), and accessories such as suppressors.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sample letters and addresses?

Find your legislator and tell them what's important to you.
    Indiana General Assembly, 2015 Session

There's the addresses... and:

Dear Rep. (or Sen.) TheirNameHere,

I would like to ask that you support bills this coming legislative session that remove restrictions on gun owners' rights under the law, allowing good people to defend themselves without having to fear the law forcing them to do so a second time afterward.

Thank you!

YourNameHere

You should expand on the sample letter with specifics, if you have any.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom