• ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    are you on KTOG too?

I lurk there sometimes, but I dont think I ever created an account. I know I have never posted. I did however get the suggestion to ask for improvements from a KTOG thread. Good advice. If I were to ever buy another KelTec firearm (and I do want an RFB...) I would find something wrong with it so I could send it back for some free work. The trigger job was very much needed, which I hear is typical of their guns.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I have 2 Kel-Tecs, a sub 2000 which is a blast to shoot and never a problem and p11 that was, to put it kindly, not quite ready for prime time. The p11 had FTF & FTE eject, picky on ammo and the trigger spring liked to jump out of the trigger bar. Basically quality control must have been a sleep that day. Doing the "fluff & buff" suggested on KTOG fixed the FTF & FTE problem. Deepening the trigger spring channel on the trigger bar fixed that problem, (apparently it was a problem with with a few p11 and a bad parts run). It's still doesn't like cast bullets but it feeds everything else. The trigger is horrid to say the least but installing a trigger shoe improves the feel.

So after doing all that it is now a reliable little pistol, over 400 rounds through and not a problem since. (it was actually fun and easy to work on). If you get one that works well out of the box then great, if you have a few minor problems look to KTOG for answers and if they seem above your comfort level to fix send it back. I guess the bottom line is I'd buy another with the understanding it is what it is, a cheap, basic well built firearm that may need some finial polishing by the end user to function 100%. Of course with their popularity you have to expect a few "not quite ready" to slip out the door.

Oh, one more thing, they differently are not a range gun. 50 to 100 rounds in a session and your hand is going to notice it but as a truck gun they are hard to beat.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I've carried my PF-9 for so long, I feel a little lost the few times I'm without it. As everyone has already stated, I wouldn't take it to the range to shoot a ton of rounds, it's a hand full...just not that much fun, but then again thats not what is was designed for. The big thing is I know and trust that every time I pull the trigger it goes bang...and it has for me. I also have a PLR 16 and can only give it praise. One of my many favorites. Hope you find one you like, don't think you'll regret it....Mos

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a P11 that had to make a trip back to Kel-Tec but after it came back, it was pretty much flawless. Called Kel-Tec (do not email them) and told them I was having some problems with it reliably feeding 115gr FMJ and they said send it to them on their dime and they would take care of it. I sent it in and it came back about 10 days later ready to roll. I agree with some of the folks that it's not a combat ready gun, but it's a reliable shooter and a great value. Also, hit up ktog as they have a ton of knowledge about kel-tecs on there - they even tell you how to even out the long DA-only trigger which is a big help.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to see more companies like Kel-Tec.
    Such cool innovations. Foldable carbines using popular mags, 30 round .22 magnums, light weight foldable rifle that use AR magazines, and the list goes on and on.

I think companies like that can carve out a philosophy of its own and bring some neat things to the market.

I still hope for a .22lr conversion for my pf-9, but it might never be.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a P32 and a P3AT. Shot both a lot and both work perfect. However, they are not target guns. They are designed for up close self protection. They are so light, you can slip in your pocket and forget about it. I always carry one when I am hiking.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    i own a kel tec p-11 9mm and i love it. Operates great, light weight, and easy to conceal. I bought mine for 245, I consider the price cheap, but by no means is the gun cheap.

RiverCityFolks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Bend of the River
    Several years ago I purchased a Kel Tec P11. It has been an affordable, dependable EDC gun for years. It feels good in my hand, the recoil is manageable, and the accuracy is acceptable. I carry it in an inside pocket holster and buy my pants with deep pockets. I practice 3-4 times a year and would trust my life to it. I looked at the PF9. The size is not much difference. I like the wider grip of the P11 (better control). The weight difference is easy to control. I take out 3 or 4 rounds if it begins to feel heavy, I still have 7 or 8 rounds of 9mm stopping power. I always have an extra 12 magazine at hand. Now, I trying to convince my wife I need another one.​

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    I own the p32 and pf9 for a couple of years with no problems and last week put 115 rounds through my new plr16 with no hitches with multiple ammo steel or brass.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    I agree with Chef Larry on the pf9. I have one. During the first 200 rounds, shooting alot of cheap dirty ammo, it would jam up occasionally. Now when I shoot it with good enough ammo, it hasn't been jambing, even after 50 dirty rds per shooting range visit. I would only recommend fmj for self defense except for powerball or critical defense though. I don't think the hp cycle as well through one of these small carry self defense guns as well as a full size gun.

H&SFarms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Southeastern Indiana
    I own a Kel Tec PF9. I love it , its my EDC gun. when I first bought it I fluffed and buffed it and it fed like a dream. I have put over 500 rounds through it with no problems. :shoot: I would recommend them to anyone.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I have a P3AT as a backup cc pistol to my 1911, and as deep concealment primary in situations where I can't carry anything bigger. It's an excellent backup, and it's an excellent belly gun. As others have stated previously, it's good for what it's good for and mine has always functioned flawlessly. It won't ever be my shtf pistol by any stretch, but it's nice to have in my pocket or on my belt as opposed to bare hands or a blade.

zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    just got my OD green P3AT over the weekend at Bradis. Can't wait to go out and shoot it. I ordered the belt clip from cheaper than dirt for like 8bucks i think. I heard some guys like the clip and others like a holster....we'll see. Great little gun for the price

Top Bottom