• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wesley7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    west indianapolis
    if anyone has one of these (kel tec ksg shotguns) or info please hit me back..tried both of my fav local gun stores for availability and did not score. I did read they are hard to get or on back order. saw the demo video and was immediately impressed even though i turn my nose up at a kel tec.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    if anyone has one of these (kel tec ksg shotguns) or info please hit me back..tried both of my fav local gun stores for availability and did not score. I did read they are hard to get or on back order. saw the demo video and was immediately impressed even though i turn my nose up at a kel tec.

may i ask why?

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Actually, I decided to come back with evidence:

kel-tec_pf9-1.jpg
    b_15d179e7dd7ca525dc1c44dda16dcdf9PMR4.jpg
    KelTec-CNC-web-2.jpg
    kel-tec-rfb-18-308-b.jpg

Wesley7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    west indianapolis
    fullmetaljesus..because i dont know too much about them and at the first couple of times i have held and fooled with them.. there guns seemed cheap to me as i am a typical gun enthusiast who sticks to the top popular brands. no one i ever have ever talked to ever said " i would love to get one of those new Kel tec's..until now..and that would be me.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    i was one of those people that said "I would love to get my hands on one of those kel tecs" I am a proud owner of a PF9. It is a my carry to and from work pistol. You shouldn't let preconceived notions rule your judgment. Form your own opinions and try not to get too caught up on the kimber,sig,glock or nothing mindset.

Wesley7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    west indianapolis
    point taken..when i purchase this shotgun( and i will, no matter how long it takes) plan to run it through my weekend warrior abuse and i hope it will be worth every penny i paid.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Did you check Plainfield shooting supplies? I was there last week and I was talking to a guy who was holding one. I don't think he bought it, it could still be there waiting for you. :)

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    you can get one on gunbroker.com for between $1500 and $2000. when I worked at Midwest Gun Exchange they had one but in the 2 years since it came out it was the only one they were ever able to get so they put it up for raffle.

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    these are very hard to get and don't expect that to change any time soon the dealers are all in line waiting for them and the larger dealers get them first. I have seen them at some of the gunshows north of Indy from time to time.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    From what I've seen from the kel-tec my friends, & I've owned they been having problems & they been returned multiple times, I would stay away from their guns:twocents:

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I know that Greg at Beechgrove Firearms was able to get a hold of one. From what I heard he is keeping it. I know he's had a couple of offers in the 2k range.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    point taken..when i purchase this shotgun( and i will, no matter how long it takes) plan to run it through my weekend warrior abuse and i hope it will be worth every penny i paid.

You're going to be waiting awhile unless you go on gun broker and are prepared to pay $1500. I got to handle one at Midwest Guns in Mishawaka.

It was awesome. Felt well made and ready to run. Had they not been raffling the thing off and selling it for a decent price I would have bought it no questions asked.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They're still selling for way above MSRP in the rare cases they're available. Expect that to come down when they let their awesome production capacity loose on this model. Once they have an awesome production capacity. It's just something you have to understand about Kel-Tec. They're innovative as heck, but they have weak productive capacity, and a hard time working the bugs out of things before they release. It's a delicate balance.

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    To be honest, You will be lucky to find one anywhere in indiana for sale. The backorder list for this shotgun from what I understand is crazy. Also, if someone did have this shotgun, they wouldnt let it go for cheap do to the supply and demand. Also, If I saw it for sale at retail like on armslist now, I would question if it has problems. Ive had bad luck with Kel Tec and it's left me with a bad taste in my mouth ever since.

Dont get me wrong, I know people that have Kel tec's and love them, but I also question there price/quality. For instance, the PF9 is one of there best selling guns, but is has a bad track record which is "fixed" now. The new KSG in my eyes needs to be owned by more people and tested so a track record can be made for this shotgun, then I MIGHT consider getting one. Only time can tell for guns sometimes.

I would just get on the Backorder list and wait it out, I just dont see you getting it any faster than that. Also, dont let what I said a little bit ago waiver your decision. It looks like a awesome shotgun for a great price. For me, I'm waiting on that one to pass the track record test due to my past experience. Best of luck getting that shotgun. Blackout

Top Bottom