• Total voters

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Keep it.

The older Clots are well made and will be around a long time with a little maintenance.

I have an old Charter Arms Bulldog that looks pretty rough with its share of scratches and dings, a gouge or two and it looks like a dog used the grips as a chew toy. That old gun is a favorite carry piece for working around the farm and messing around back in the woods. Like your Colt, the Bulldog is tight. It shoots great and if it gets knocked around it’s no big deal.

Bucky

Last edited:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Keep it as a CCW. Old guns with character will stop a BG as easily as a shiney new one. And if you scratch it down the road, it's just another "beauty mark". You wouldn't say that with a new Colt 1911.

bigbird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    nice old gun, Mark my words IF YOU SELL IT YOU WILL SPEND MORE TIME AND MONEY LATER LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING, Don't sell it you will regret it ten fold later.

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Ditto everyone else. Keep it the way it is. I did the same thing a few years back with a couple of older guns. I could kick myself now for getting rid of them. Looks like a really solid gun. My opinion is there is no need to refurb it. That's like hiding/erasing it's history.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Antiques Road Show

If you took it to the Antiques Road Show they'd say they like the patina and not to change it. Keep it the way it is! :D

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Keep it

Definitely DON'T re-blue it. As others have pointed out it is worth more as is.

Sell ONLY if you absolutely have to.

Personally I'd go without luxuries and eat mac n cheese and ramen noodles for a month before I'd think about selling any of my guns.

Keep it as is. You never know when it might save your life or someone else's.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Keep it as it is, you never get the money you want when you sell a handgun and will miss it when it's gone.

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sell it. If you haven't used it to this point it's because you have better options for whatever niche this gun fills. Better to get something out of it than to just have it sitting there.

Top Bottom