• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fell in her office last evening; fractured 3 ribs; admitted to hospital for observation and treatment

In the spirit of the Kavanagh confirmation and Alinsky Rules 4, 5, and 13, I have to ask: was she drinking again? We need to have s national conversation AND an FBI investigation.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well I for one am not in the least happy for her distress.

I wish only the best for her and hope for a speedy recovery. Hospitals are a breeding ground for sepsis and pneumonia. I would like to see her retire to a really good assisted care community where she can play bingo, bridge and meet a nice man to share her final years.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Probably will hear it from the Media any day now, especially after the new (D) House members are seated.

Yeah...Unlike the republicans, I have faith they'll try to leverage their mediocre wins and slim margins into more than they are...and they'll probably be successful to some degree.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just googled "trump lame duck"... they are already starting.

I figured as much. Used to be "lame duck" was between the election of your last term (or the election you lost) and the swearing in of your replacement.

But then again, Christmas used to be that season that started after Thanksgiving too. :n00b:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My guess is that the D's can scream Merrick Garland all the want and McConnell will tell them to **** off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fell in her office last evening; fractured 3 ribs; admitted to hospital for observation and treatment
    Was she making another [STRIKE]propaganda[/STRIKE] work out with her personal trainer? She’s the fittest justice after all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Serious question: when does Trump officially cross over into "lame duck" territory where the democrats will be calling to Merrick Garland him?
    Can’t be until next term. Rs have the Senate. Thanks to Harry Reid Rs can confirm all the judges they want. Dems can use procedural tricks to slow it down but they can’t stop it.

I think Kavenaugh should drive by Harry Reid’s house in a smokey 57 Chevy decorated like he just got married with cans dragging behind and “KAVANAUGH + SCOTUS FOREVER! Thanks Harry!” written in soap on the windows.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Can’t be until next term. Rs have the Senate. Thanks to Harry Reid Rs can confirm all the judges they want. Dems can use procedural tricks to slow it down but they can’t stop it.

I think Kavenaugh should drive by Harry Reid’s house in a smokey 57 Chevy decorated like he just got married with cans dragging behind and “KAVANAUGH + SCOTUS FOREVER! Thanks Harry!” written in soap on the windows.

:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dem rep Nadler was talking about impeaching Kavanaugh now that dems will control the House.

Of course they are. It'll be interesting to see how much political capital it will cost them to #resist Trump the next couple of years. They are setting a dangerous precedent again by doing this. I hope they're ready when the republicans start doing this to them.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Of course they are. It'll be interesting to see how much political capital it will cost them to #resist Trump the next couple of years. They are setting a dangerous precedent again by doing this. I hope they're ready when the republicans start doing this to them.
    The key difference being that the Democrats have a complicit media to run interference for them. If/when the Republicans return the favor expect coverage in large media outlets about how they are attempting to subvert democracy and frustrate the will of the people.

If you remember during the Obama Administration when the Democrats had a majority there was a lot of talk from the media about how the Republicans will have to start cooperating with Democrats as they did not hold the reins, or they would be seen as the party of obstruction. Then when the Republicans tipped power in their favor the media's refrain was still that the Republicans should cooperate with the Democrats.

If outlets wish to avoid accusations of bias they should place more stock in fair and consistent coverage.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is the SCOTUS the same as POTUS (Clinton)?

House can vote on Articles of Impeachment but without a conviction vote in the Senate it will be wasted political capital.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Yes
    "The president, vice president and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."[/FONT]

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    [FONT=&amp]
    Yes
    "The president, vice president and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."[/FONT]
    The difference is that the Vice President would preside over the Senate in any impeachment trial not involving the President (the Constitution specifies that the Chief Justice presides in that case).

Wonder if Pence could then simply rule the whole anti-Kavanaugh case out of order and dismiss it?

I would assume that if the Vice President were to be impeached, the President Pro Tempore of the Senate would become the presiding officer.

”And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the (Senate) Members present.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom