• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm sorry. I'm trying to understand your first sentence.

Are you saying the media is reporting more unarmed whites being killed?

No, it's the exact opposite. If you were to believe the media spin O N L Y unarmed blacks are being killed by white cops.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Then why are the headlines so different in one specific set of circumstances? Happenstance?

What were your search criteria?

I tried to recreate your results: "officer shot" and "motorist shot" didn't have much in the way of racial description at all in the headlines.

But, again, headlines do not a narrative make. At least not in the traditional way. Headlines are bait. If you form your beliefs based on the headlines, you are swallowing the bait. Ironically, so are the people you are railing against.

Also, this is a bit awkward, but do you think there is a chance your view is distorted a bit by emotional defensiveness to both your profession and the perception of people close to you? Such a reaction makes sense and is totally understandable.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What were your search criteria?

I tried to recreate your results: "officer shot" and "motorist shot" didn't have much in the way of racial description at all in the headlines.

But, again, headlines do not a narrative make. At least not in the traditional way. Headlines are bait. If you form your beliefs based on the headlines, you are swallowing the bait. Ironically, so are the people you are railing against.

Also, this is a bit awkward, but do you think there is a chance your view is distorted a bit by emotional defensiveness to both your profession and the perception of people close to you? Such a reaction makes sense and is totally understandable.

I'm not a cop and I can see the clear bias and baiting.
    My dark energy forces pick up on stuff like that.
    I'm sort of like Sauron; sure Aragorn ****ing around at the black gate has drawn my gaze, but I still know Frodo and Sam are sneaking around the back yard.

animatedsarumanmonacle.gif

In other words, don't **** on me and tell me its raining.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. For the sake of INGO discussion, let's say the "narrative" is exactly how BBI describes it.

What then?

Dismantle the press?

Stop pulling over speeders?

Stop pulling over minorities?

Start pulling over everyone?

Do nothing and wait for the ADD press to move on, likely to the Dem Convention?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. For the sake of INGO discussion, let's say the "narrative" is exactly how BBI describes it.

What then?

Dismantle the press?

Stop pulling over speeders?

Stop pulling over minorities?

Start pulling over everyone?

Do nothing and wait for the ADD press to move on, likely to the Dem Convention?

We call them on it, we don't click and feed them revenue, and we let advertisers know why we aren't supporting them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We call them on it, we don't click and feed them revenue, and we let advertisers know why we aren't supporting them.

If you think the media-revenue model is the biggest problem in all this, you are wrong.

In fact, as you note, it may be the easiest to take action against, but have the smallest impact.

Top Bottom