• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Does anyone own or has anyone fired the JR carbine. Looking for opinions on this 9mm blowback AR? look-a-like.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    dmax, where are you located? Just bought one and I'm probably going to take it out for the first time here in the next few days. If we were both in the same neck of the woods we can meet up. If not, I'm planning on putting together a report on it. I'm in Northwest Indiana.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    dmax, where are you located? Just bought one and I'm probably going to take it out for the first time here in the next few days. If we were both in the same neck of the woods we can meet up. If not, I'm planning on putting together a report on it. I'm in Northwest Indiana.

Any chance that you will make it ot to this. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_3_sat_24_mar_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html
    I hope to make it out there. I would like to try that out.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana

dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    smythe012, I am in Clinton County but travel - was in Crown Point & Hammond today. Willing to meet to see the JR in action.

Heard about feeding problems with the JR so picked up a Sub 2000 Saterday. But after mauling a JR I am still interested. There so cool - if they would just work 99.9% of the time

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Check out the new offering from TNW instead. Available in either .40 or .45 ACP [and maybe a future 9mm offering] and uses Glock magazines.

Ahhhhh....

Apples to Apples, not Apple to oranges.

There is nothing that I see being built by TMW that is handgun cartridge carbine in the 9mm, .40 or .45 caliber size.

Just Right has all three of those and offers a conversion kit so you may change to all three with no problems.

BTW, I'm looking at getting out to shoot mine tomorrow if my eye doc ok's me going to the range. If so, I plan on at least 200 rounds and sighting in the holo red dot. Plan on getting a qd scope mount for it and getting a second one two swap out and use a 3-9x30 scope on it for some varmit hunting at 100 yards.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana

dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Posted by IndyBeerman:
    Ahhhhh....

Apples to Apples, not Apple to oranges.

There is nothing that I see being built by TMW that is handgun cartridge carbine in the 9mm, .40 or .45 caliber size.

Just Right has all three of those and offers a conversion kit so you may change to all three with no problems.

BTW, I'm looking at getting out to shoot mine tomorrow if my eye doc ok's me going to the range. If so, I plan on at least 200 rounds and sighting in the holo red dot. Plan on getting a qd scope mount for it and getting a second one two swap out and use a 3-9x30 scope on it for some varmit hunting at 100 yards

Let us Know how it goes. I am looking at a JR @ Riley Bros. this weekend. Still on the fence.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Picked mine up Thursday from Bradis. :ingo:

DHH_0799Pw.jpg

They are now coming with threaded barrells. I put an AR15 A2 flash hider on it just for the picture. I need to order one thats for 9mm. I put the tasco red dot that I had lying around on it just for trying it out. I have some Troy fixed sights on order. I took it to Applied Ballistics yesterday. I had one minor problem on the first mag through it that was mag related. The bullet below the one being chambered came out the mag partially, and blocked the bolt from closing. It was with the Clinton 10rd mag that came with it.

Anyway, I put another 80 rds though it, some with that mag, but most with a standard G17 mag, without any more problems. All with FMJ, since I forgot to take some HPs. :rolleyes:

The hole in the center is the last "sight in" 3rd group at 25 yds;

JRtargetw.jpg

:rockwoot:

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Picked mine up Thursday from Bradis. :ingo:

They are now coming with threaded barrells. I put an AR15 A2 flash hider on it just for the picture. I need to order one thats for 9mm. I put the tasco red dot that I had lying around on it just for trying it out. I have some Troy fixed sights on order. I took it to Applied Ballistics yesterday. I had one minor problem on the first mag through it that was mag related. The bullet below the one being chambered came out the mag partially, and blocked the bolt from closing. It was with the Clinton 10rd mag that came with it.

Anyway, I put another 80 rds though it, some with that mag, but most with a standard G17 mag, without any more problems. All with FMJ, since I forgot to take some HPs. :rolleyes:

The hole in the center is the last "sight in" 3rd group at 25 yds

:rockwoot:

Good stuff! Did the tasco red dot stay true? I was thinking fixed iron sights only, but a red dot is pretty tempting.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Good stuff! Did the tasco red dot stay true? I was thinking fixed iron sights only, but a red dot is pretty tempting.

It stayed true, but keep in mind that its just a $40 Tasco after 85 rds. If I were going to put a permanent red dot on it, it would be a $200 Vortex Spark, or a $400 Aimpoint PRO. ;)

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing...been looking at these for quite some time, I know the early models had issues, glad to see them being improved and fixed. Love the platform and the modular aspect...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing...been looking at these for quite some time, I know the early models had issues, glad to see them being improved and fixed. Love the platform and the modular aspect...

Put another 75 rds through it this morning, trouble free. :D

Howvever, once again, I forgot to take some hollow points. :xmad: :xmad:

I hate getting old.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well I did not get and shoot mine this weekend and I'm really glad since I caught that the new barrels are coming out threaded.

I'm going to place a call in to JR and see if they'll do a barrel swap, ar at least thread my barrel for no charge because I was planning on having this threaded and adding a suppressor to it.

If anything, I might ask if they'll ship me a barrel at a reduced priced and then not only will I have the new one, I'd go the SBR route and chop this down to 8 inches thread the end and suppress it.:D

I think I's like the idea of having both a 16 and 8 inch barrel for it.

BTW, got to the 1500 today and bought me 2 QD scope mounts so I can swap between my halo red dot and a 3-9x32 Simmons scope because if this can shoot as good or better than my old Hi-Point, I'm gonna love it a 75-125 yards.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    ^ Bradis has been ordering them, you might check with them to see if they have any in stock before you make the drive.

I think it'd be neat to SBR one of these.

Top Bottom