Aug 1, 2011
    Maybe one of these? armed of course

white-m3-halftrack-04.jpg

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    81mm mortars I think are served by a 3 person crew and can be carried by infantry.

120mm mortars need a truck or donkey or camel or whatever you have available to tote it around. That is one big hunk of steel.

81mm and 120mm are pretty standard fare for all countries and services, so getting tubes, ammo, etc wouldn't be that bad.

60mm would stay (relatively) light and hip shoot with back up from 81's. Just sayin'...sure I'm not the first one to think up an idea like 60mm's at a smaller unit level with their parent having a section of 81's

:cool:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    60mm would stay (relatively) light and hip shoot with back up from 81's. Just sayin'...sure I'm not the first one to think up an idea like 60mm's at a smaller unit level with their parent having a section of 81's

:cool:
    After rooting around the 'net. I think 60mm at the Platoon level, with 120mm at the Company Level...

Can you mount a a Mortar in the Back of a truck and use that as a mobile firing platform, or must they be mounted from a baseplate?!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    After rooting around the 'net. I think 60mm at the Platoon level, with 120mm at the Company Level...

Can you mount a a Mortar in the Back of a truck and use that as a mobile firing platform, or must they be mounted from a baseplate?!

Why not just mount a 120mm recoilless rifle on the back of a truck?

Top Bottom