Jan '12 1500: So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Indy 1500 - So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

Had a great time at the 1500 today (as always)! Got to meet Que and Lovemywoods and picked up an INGO shirt. :) I went there intending to stock up on 7.62x39. Instead I got 60 rounds of ammo for my Argentine Mauser. So... you know what that means... Yep, spent money on something else. Got 2 more mags for my AR, but this was my "prize" purchase today. Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight 12 guage. This is identical to the very first shotgun I ever bought myself as a kid. Mine was stolen around 30 years ago when my house was broken into and I've wanted another one ever since. And yes, it's the kind you can slam-fire. :ar15:From the serial number, it looks like it was made in 1962.
    IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg

Last edited:

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Box of 44mag to test my gun.
    3 boxes for 44mag.
    100 once fired 44 mag.
    cleaning equip for 44 mag.

I had the cash to buy a gun, but for the most part I didn't see anything worth it. After awhile it seemed like I was looking at the same crap at a different table.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Box of 44mag to test my gun.
    3 boxes for 44mag.
    100 once fired 44 mag.
    cleaning equip for 44 mag.

I had the cash to buy a gun, but for the most part I didn't see anything worth it. After awhile it seemed like I was looking at the same crap at a different table.
    I hadn't planned on buying a gun, but I was pretty focused on what I was looking at (old milsurp mostly, but also the Ithacas). I think if you don't have some kind of plan, it can seem a little bit like what you describe.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I only bought a hammer spur extension for my Marlin 30-30 for $7. I did handle alot of 1911's today to help me decide which one I want. I looked at alot of ammo and didn't find any deals I can't get local.

Top Bottom