• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    :noway::noway::noway: I went shopping for a WSAR, no luck, but -25 for all the vendors i stopped at. I would ask a simple question about the gun and would be meet with a barrage of sarcastic answers. I gets even better, the worst of all the vendors were the ones who looked the most professional. I'm talking about you Fort Liberty!!! :xmad::xmad:

First time actually shopping, but this experience was so bad, I'm not too sure if ill be doing it again.....

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    I know I felt pretty out of my element when I started getting interested in guns (just a few years ago). Since then I have come across some who have no interest in helping educate me, but once I got more comfortable and could ask semi-intelligent questions, I felt a lot more comfortable. Plus for every rude gun shop owner I have met probably five nice ones. I suspect what you read as rude may have been business. The 1500 was crazy busy. Just a few thoughts to possibly help assuage your bad feelings!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Normally I would agree that most gun shop people are fairly nice. However, I agree that Fort Liberty are not nice, and in most of my dealings, extremely rude and uninterested.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Could you mention some specific things the vendors did or said?

I sure can sir!

Vendor #1: He tried to sell me a load of crap about the WASR's canted sighting issues. Saying, "Oh well the sights are perfect, factory does all the sighting, blah blah blah" The funny thing is, the sights on that particular gun were the worst ones i had seen.

Vendor #2: When i asked if i could see the other WSAR he had for sale (it was still in the box) he said, "What's it matter, your either buying one or yah aint" I quickly dropped the gun, walked away.

Fort Liberty: The sights on their WASR were canted, and hearing great things about Fort Liberty , i had hoped to invest my money there. So i asked one of the guys behind the booth, "Are you guys able to adjust these sights? I'm interesting in buying, but the sight are canted" He looked at me like i was crazy and said, "I'm sorry, i cant do that. I don't have a hammer laying around." Laughed, turned to someone he knew and started talking to them. Didn't even look to see if i was still there. Someone else then went on to tell me, "AK's aren't meant to be accurate, sights don't matter" So, i again, dropped the gun, walked away. I guess they didn't want my money either :(

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I've had a lot of dealers get a little nasty with me when I bring up the WASR canted sight issue. Not sure if they're not aware of it or they're hoping to pull one over on someone...

I usually just treat it as straight business at the gun show. I'll make an offer and if they get nasty or offended, I'll just walk off. No skin off my back...

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Don't buy a WASR any way i have built several AK's and they are in many ways nicer in fit finish and function. Look for a nice build on a NDS receiver for a hundred more.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I agree in some facts that if its busy, they dont really talk to you about what your looking at (which is the case of all the Indy 1500's I have attended). I do most of my research beforehand and only look at whats on the table and move on if it isnt out there..........when I finally find what im looking for I pick it up and pull out my wallet. Seems like they are a lil more willing to work with you then lol.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I don't know what was up with Ft Liberty at the show. I have been in the shop quite a few times and always had a good time. I stopped by at the show and ask if they had any HK and got a smart *** answer. Probably done with them. I get that 3 days at the 1500 would wear out a person but thats not the way to trat a customer.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Don't buy a WASR any way i have built several AK's and they are in many ways nicer in fit finish and function. Look for a nice build on a NDS receiver for a hundred more.

What do you think of the Zastava Arms LKP PAP? I had been looking at WASR's too but my son suggested that the LKP PAP would be a better deal if I can find one.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Sometimes it's easier being a girl at gun shows. I've had my share of snide comments but for the most part if I look the seller in the eyes and smile at them they will tell me everything I ever wanted to know & more about any gun I touch or look at.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just an FYI, the employees at Bradis will HELP you pick out a good WASR. I haven't bought one yet, but one of Bradis' employees, Dave, took the time to show me EXACTLY what to look for in a WASR. And he knew I had no intention of buying one yet.

Just sayin'.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I agree in some facts that if its busy, they dont really talk to you about what your looking at (which is the case of all the Indy 1500's I have attended). I do most of my research beforehand and only look at whats on the table and move on if it isnt out there..........when I finally find what im looking for I pick it up and pull out my wallet. Seems like they are a lil more willing to work with you then lol.

This is a biggie when making any purchase of an item of which you do not have intimate knowledge. Based on very little I'm guessing that the bigger shops that attend the 1500 have "buddies" helping out during the show and these guys, while claiming to be experts, can't answer some of the most basic questions. Before I bought my 870 I was attempting to discover the difference between an 870 and an 870 "Tactical". Once I discovered the difference I decided to use this question to determine who would sell me one since all of the prices were within four or five dollars of one another.Not one of the vendors that I asked this question of could answer it. I take that back, one vendors response was "The 870 tactical is more expensive" and then he turned and walked away.

When I stopped by Bradis on the way home and asked them the same question they went into great detail what the differences were. Needless to say I bought a shotgun that day.:rockwoot:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Just an FYI, the employees at Bradis will HELP you pick out a good WASR. I haven't bought one yet, but one of Bradis' employees, Dave, took the time to show me EXACTLY what to look for in a WASR. And he knew I had no intention of buying one yet.

Just sayin'.

Where is this store at and what are the prices like?

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    Lovemachine speaks the truth.I left bradis knowing more and with a wasr that it a 8inch steel plate at 100 yards out of the box over,over,and over again.!500 is just to busy to learn anything.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    The LKP PAP Is essentially a post ban sporter version of the M70. I would look for an M70 Underfolder that is on an NDS receiver. Both are going to be expensive because the yugo kits have dried up. An underfolder kit is now bringing 500 with original barrel and all matching. Or save up and buy a Poly Tech they are worth it in my opinion.

Top Bottom