• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    On the marketing end of Mr. Yeager- It's brillant in the sense that he is bringing income in for him. Do I agree with everything? Of couse not but I don't agree 100% with anybody or anything! It seems to be working for him as, again, he is making money at it. If you think his training is worth it, go. If his language offends you, don't watch but keep in mind that language doesn't reflect much of anything. Get out in the REAL world where people wear big boy panties and play by big boy rules and stop this "holier than thou" crap. In certain circles peoples frail little "sensibilities" don't get hurt so easily and really don't mean a ***ing thing.
    Bob

I don't think this post was directed at me, but I'd like to address it. The fact that he curses and has an "in your face" style does not bother me from a training standpoint. In fact, I think it's a great tool. To some degree, getting sworn at has an effect on you in a fight. You react to it and it's important to be aware of that. Conversely, swearing at someone at the right time can have an effect on them. There's a big difference between "Sir, will you please place your gun on the ground?" vs. "Drop the ****ing gun!" Incorporating the type of language you'll likely hear in a violent confrontation is a great idea. Also, I'm sure he does make more Youtube money from videos like this and I'm sure it does make people more aware of him. My issue is that it makes me question him and his school when he has to resort to pro wrestling tactics to make a living. I don't see other top trainers doing such things. And before the "well go take his classes then" comments arise: why should I? Why should I be more inclined to take a class with him over anyone else simply because I think his marketing tactics are questionable or because he's controversial? Shouldn't I be LESS inclined to go train with him because of these misgivings? Of all the trainers out there these days, why should I pick him over anyone else? Given a certain training budget, I'd much rather attend a class with someone who doesn't cause me to ask myself so many questions about the way he runs his school and the possible reasons why he would need to run it that way. I respect the opinions of Shay, esrice, WETSU, etc. but I don't feel like I should be more inclined to travel to Tennessee and spend training time and money on someone because he's controversial. Most of the training I attend anymore is free or reduced cost through training grants and such. If I were going to be spending hundreds of dollars of my own money though, I'd much rather attend a local class with someone like Shay. Can anyone tell me what I'd learn with Yeager that I wouldn't learn locally with Shay or some other fine trainer here in Indiana? In the end, I would wager that Mr. Yeager makes more money than I do, so I won't argue with the outcomes from a financial standpoint. I'm just saying that it does not make me too interested in attending his training. :twocents:

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I think it was a comment on another video that ticked of James Yeager this time. I was hoping he would not do any more videos like this. He is entertaining and I enjoy watching his videos. Personal attack videos do not help his 'brand' or generate interest in his training.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IOZNh-J5N4"]James Yeager on One Man Army[/ame]

It's great when hanger-ons like yeager fail after thinking they are the ****. I've only seen him on youtube a few times while doing research but could tell by his attitude he was more talk then action. His one video proves it. dude is played out and i'll tell all of that and more to his face. He is the "internet tuff guy" Nothing impressive with short fat boys….. if he was at least tall and fat he could sit on people to win a fight. Being the he-***** on OMA is not impressive lol
    1D5dozer 1 month ago

Everyone SAYS they will say it to my face....
    James Yeager in reply to 1D5dozer 22 hours ago

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    pic related

L1C1z.png

James is really mad guys. ( no this isnt me. inb4 assmads )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S53T8jBzXy4

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't think this post was directed at me. I'm just saying that it does not make me too interested in attending his training. :twocents:

It wasn't directed at you or anybody else in particular and I agree that MY training $$ would be better spent elsewhere.
    No worries. I should have separated the comment with a new paragraph. Fixed it. I have pretty thick skin anyway:):

Bob

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm starting to respect this man more and more. I still think he's a douche, but at least he is thick-skinned enough to stick up for himself.

I find the references to video games hilarious as well; I couldn't agree more.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wanna see a parody video of someone going off on Yeager, R. Lee Ermey style, to see how long Yeager can keep a straight face.

I hereby nominate Que when he goes down to Camden, TN for his training class...

How absolutely hilarious would THAT be...:rofl:

And you know what, I think Mr. Yeager would probably be a good sport and go along with it.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Ok, here it goes.
    Regarding what happened in Iraq with Yeager and Co.- I just watched the video a bunch more times. I've seen it before now but wanted to refresh my old failing memory. He admits to making mistakes. Do I believe any of those mistakes cost lives? No as the AAR states, the deaths were a result of the initial fire. Were there enough mistakes made that made the incident much worse than it should have been? Yes at all levels. Did what happened that day change the SOP's for companies operating in Iraq at that time and since? Yes, so lessons learned.
    Here is where I have issues with this board and many others as well as a lot of people in general. Unless you were there, taking fire with them, 20/20 hindsight and armchair commanding is easy and also B.S. I spent almost 3 years in Iraq as a contractor. 2004, 2007-2009, and in 2011. I rode on that route more than a few times. I know exactly where they were hit.
    Imagine you are going down I-65/ 69 expecting trouble from somewhere but you don't know where. Imagine you are in a regular vehicle with your closest friends/ family with you and in other cars. You get stuck in traffic because of an accident etc. You sit there because your convoy/ group leader says to as the vehicles you are driving are not made to go across rough terrain. Finally you get the "do something" signal and at the same time you start taking FULLY AUTOMATIC fire from your flank and several of your group, including close friends, are killed around you and in your vehicle. I don't want any answers as we will have the time to think about it but what I DO want people to think about is the next time they are driving down the road, what they would do if that happened to them.
    Thank you for serving as a contractor. My son was in Afghanistan, an 11bravo attached to a seal team. What he describes makes me agree completely with your imaginary scenario assessment.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Well just watching the ambush video a few times doesnt make me an expert. he does leave the car to lay by the side of the road (I guess thats him, I wasnt there). Another guy from Yeagers car stays by the trunk firing and throwing smoke. Could yeager be in the fight from his position since the 2nd car moved forward to assist the guys in Yeagers car? And not knowing from the video where exactly the assault was coming from. I come the the conclusion that I cant come to a conclusion.

Now where can I find the video or post of Yeager challenging Rookie?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    To be completely honest, esrice told me about the offer that had been made to Rookie AFTER the fact. If I had known that offer existed, you can bet your ass I would have shown up and introduced myself as Rookie. I swear. You honestly think he would have done anything? No. It's all bells and whistles (for the most part).

Now, what's his email address so I can get a free ticket to Camden? He didn't say we had to be serious when we were calling him a coward, right?

:+1:

Is he offereing a one way ticket or round trip ticket? :dunno:
    I dont think you want to stay stuck in Camden once you get there so we need to make sure.
    Also will he offer a ticket to anyone who's willing to call him a coward or just to one person?
    Is it also valid for the people who are OCONUS?

I could meet you in Camden GB and then I get my own one way ticket to go back to Indy with you.
    I would assume the airport is in Nashville.How do we get to and from Camden from the airport? :dunno:
    Is James going to pick us up and give us a ride?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Edinburgh Risk & Route IRISH / BIAP Road, and | www.MountainRunner.us

There you go both sides to the story.

Now I will be the first to admit that the reasons "why" he ran to the median where he couldn't receive or return fire and stayed there for the duration of the contact is pure speculation.

Did he do so because he was merely following "sop" as he states? Obviously and based on his own statements) Yeager's contention is that he ran to the median and stayed there as part of SOP.

OR

Did he do so because he was "afraid", leaving his team mates to fend for themselves, and not only that, but staying in the median and not going back or even trying to maneuver himself into a position of support. That would be "cowardice" in my book and yes I would say that to his face.

Again, since I am not James Yeager I can not say what he was feeling at that point. So my "judgement" of "cowardice" is purely subjective. I just can find no reasons why a self-proclaimed "warrior" would stay out of the fight while his team was in it. I can understand his going there initially but to stay there for the entire time? That simply does not wash for me.

As to the other statements he makes it appears both the video and the company AAR do not agree with him.

Now Yeager's contention to that is that the company and some of his team mates did not like him because he was making waves and being overly critical of what he says were bad practices. Could this be true? Who knows?

What I do know is that the persona that he puts out in his videos do not lend well to his credibility. What I do know is that quite a few of his supporters seem to have the same schoolyard mentality. In fact I am still waiting for one of them here on INGO to carry out his threat (I even gave him my address but I am still waiting - I'm not holding my breath though).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...In fact I am still waiting for one of them here on INGO to carry out his threat (I even gave him my address but I am still waiting - I'm not holding my breath though).

If you are talking the threat YOU made to me, I ignored it. I didn't forget it though.
    Where is that video you were making?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If you are talking the threat YOU made to me, I ignored it. I didn't forget it though.
    Where is that video you were making?

Actually you made it to me. I asked if I could take it to mean you were "coming gunnin" for me like your signature line said since you weren't going to "let it go" (as another poster advised you to). Stop trying to backtrack.

Video was done months ago. I thought it was a nice little response OC vs CC vid but TF asked not to post just until his little thing with Evansville is over.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    We are accountable for our words. We cannot run from them. Sorry if you feel otherwise.

So let me get this straight, you attempt to run from your words, then say that one cannot run from their words, and you are sorry if I feel otherwise.

Well you don't have to feel sorry since I feel the exact same way and since you have my address you can "put up or shut up" (your words again - don't forget you can't run from them) whenever you feel like it.

Top Bottom