• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Can someone please explain what the legal status is for carrying a handgun on the IUPUI campus? What about having a handgun in your car on campus?

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Worst that can happen in Indiana is you get expelled or asked to leave. It's not illegal, but it's against school policy. I go to purdue south bend same issue here.

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am curious about the logistics of this. I am a grad student (live off campus) who is not so patiently awaiting the arrival of my LTCH, and I am often going to classes directly from work. How do other students deal with this? I thought I would be able to just lock my gun in the trunk before entering campus, but it appears this plan would also violate policy at most universities (hard to imagine my getting caught if I lock the gun in its case and put it in the trunk prior to entering campus - but the consequences of getting caught would be tough to swallow). Any students with advice?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I am curious about the logistics of this. I am a grad student (live off campus) who is not so patiently awaiting the arrival of my LTCH, and I am often going to classes directly from work. How do other students deal with this? I thought I would be able to just lock my gun in the trunk before entering campus, but it appears this plan would also violate policy at most universities (hard to imagine my getting caught if I lock the gun in its case and put it in the trunk prior to entering campus - but the consequences of getting caught would be tough to swallow). Any students with advice?

No way they would ever find out. Even if you conceal well they will never find out but that has to be your personal decision, and if you are new to carrying you probably won't find out the best way for you personally to conceal for quite sometime.

I have a lockbox in my car attached to the car frame by a cable. Once I park I make sure no one is looking in my windows from nearby cars and put the gun and a spare mag in the lockbox and put it back under my seat.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    You can also join Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at IUPUI. We are distributing paperwork and recruiting members to gain support for change in legislation. Some insult the groups efforts, but at least we have an effort. We are spreading the word. Take a look at the group page at Facebook.com/SCCCatIUPUI the USG also has a petition that can be signed.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio

You can always park on the street. I wouln't worry about it. I know several people who store theirs in their cars in the lot.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Similarly related, I was told today at my campus that if I was caught with a firearm "charges will be pressed." I know it's not against any laws but could someone inform me as to what they could even fathom charging me with?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Similarly related, I was told today at my campus that if I was caught with a firearm "charges will be pressed." I know it's not against any laws but could someone inform me as to what they could even fathom charging me with?

Their feelings and emotions. They can charge you with those. That's about it.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    They can make up lots of things to charge you with. Just thank them for offering to pay for your education and walk away.

Top Bottom