• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Well, I am out of my mind, but that is for another thread...

What I meant to say was, they don't care at a macro level. I don't mean the marketing team of college girls and beta males every company has, I mean the high rollers...the guys who run Pepsico, Nestle, Comcast, etc. They don't care if we personally choose to be straight, gay, in-between, fishermen, skate boarders, knitters, cyclists, gardeners, as long as they can commoditize products and sell them to us. Certainly there are market segments that are more lucrative than others, but as long as their beaks are getting wet, their baseline reads "contented".

Trust me, I work for a very large corporation that targets, markets, remarkets and tracts its customers. I'm the fifth column. :laugh:

In todays society is not politically correct to be anti anything in a liberal agenda. Liberals are doing there best to make sure as Corperation it's suicide to be not pro gay, not pro drugs, anti green. Being anti drug , pro second amendment etc is suicide. Personally I don't want the company's I use products getting involved in politics etc. But they do. No matter what your opinions are you are going to **** a certain demographic off. Company's play the game. Most are manipulated by the liberals.

The doper rock stars & actors have the most influence on society these days. Look at about every other news story these days and is about what some actor or singer thinks is unjust. Hollywood put Obama where he is. And they will push for Clinton too.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Does everyone here understand where we are at in America today? It's not that we're on the cusp of downfall, we're already there folks. America is a shadow of who she used to be. The government is a gigantic, bloated mess. And you know who's to blame? We are. Ronald Reagan said: "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in America when men were free." You know what the saddest day in America was? When parents stopped teaching their children about our history. They stopped talking about the men who spilled their blood for freedom. They stopped teaching personal responsibility and personal accountability. It's on you parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. It is NOT the responsibility of public education to teach your children. I am 28 years old, I will be 29 in December. I have three children: 5, 3, and almost 4 weeks. I will be the one to teach them about our forefathers. I will be the one to show them personal responsibility. I will be the one to be an example of honesty, integrity, and hard work. I wasn't alive for the Revolutionary War, or the Civil War, or WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, but I was taught about them. And I WILL NOT fail to pass on the torch. Don't get me wrong, I love sports. I love my hobbies. But life is too short to miss opportunities to train the next generation. It's time Hoosiers. It's time to take this life serous. You think America's on the path to success? I got bad news for you brothers and sisters. If we don't take hold of the reigns like adults, no one will. This isn't a hate filled rant, and I know some of you men and women in here already do this. For those of who spend so much time screaming about how awful it is, do something about it. No other country is going to do it for us. Our rights are inalienable. Nobody can silence your speech. Nobody can tell you that you can't protect yourself. Don't ever ever forget why we came to this rock.

I could not have said it better. I talk all the time about how Parents do not teach or spend time with their children like they used too. We are no longer in an Industrial Revolution, building pride in a Country. We are in a Digital, technological time, where computers, tablets, and Internet feed and teach our children and future leaders. People are too busy anymore and do not have or take the time.

Something has been lost for sure. Sometimes I am at a loss for words, because the difference is staggering. I see it at work. We have went through so many temps in the last six months. No work ethic, no pride in a job well done, no accountability, they get butt hurt if you ask them to do anything physical. Most come from Mom's basement and leave the video games long enough to put in 8 hours. Most of them are pasty white from being inside all the time and never see the light of day.

I find I am one of the only ones that seem to see what is going on with things. People just blast through the day and never look up to see that we are losing Freedoms in baby steps to the point no one see's or even cares. It will not be hard to lose our freedoms. People need to wake up. You are right, about not being a "Rant", it is actually Sad that we have reached the point we have, and no one hardly has noticed.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I hate to play the role of Luddite, but just take a look at how many people these days -- particularly youngsters -- are totally absorbed in their smartphones.
    It's not uncommon these days to go to a restaurant and see either a young couple or a whole table full of youngsters not even talking to each other, instead with their faces inclined downward, iPhones in hand.
    Never before in our history have we been so able to communicate, while at the same time so totally disconnected from each other.
    Anyone who has ever read Ray Bradbury's most famous book, Fahrenheit 451, will acknowledge the late, great Bradbury as the true prophet that he was.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChristianPatriot again.

I agree. I have 2 sons and 3 daughters. I fear for their futures in the world we have left for them. The economy, crime, liberal policies and court rulings, possible gun control on the horizon... America finds itself at a crossroads and I fear we've taken the wrong turn.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    If your kids and my kids are responsible, hard working, empathetic and ethical, OK, even great, whose kids are we talking about?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Does everyone here understand where we are at in America today? It's not that we're on the cusp of downfall, we're already there folks. America is a shadow of who she used to be. The government is a gigantic, bloated mess. And you know who's to blame? We are. Ronald Reagan said: "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in America when men were free." You know what the saddest day in America was? When parents stopped teaching their children about our history. They stopped talking about the men who spilled their blood for freedom. They stopped teaching personal responsibility and personal accountability. It's on you parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. It is NOT the responsibility of public education to teach your children. I am 28 years old, I will be 29 in December. I have three children: 5, 3, and almost 4 weeks. I will be the one to teach them about our forefathers. I will be the one to show them personal responsibility. I will be the one to be an example of honesty, integrity, and hard work. I wasn't alive for the Revolutionary War, or the Civil War, or WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, but I was taught about them. And I WILL NOT fail to pass on the torch. Don't get me wrong, I love sports. I love my hobbies. But life is too short to miss opportunities to train the next generation. It's time Hoosiers. It's time to take this life serous. You think America's on the path to success? I got bad news for you brothers and sisters. If we don't take hold of the reigns like adults, no one will. This isn't a hate filled rant, and I know some of you men and women in here already do this. For those of who spend so much time screaming about how awful it is, do something about it. No other country is going to do it for us. Our rights are inalienable. Nobody can silence your speech. Nobody can tell you that you can't protect yourself. Don't ever ever forget why we came to this rock.

I have nothing of worth to contribute to this thread, but after reading this post, I can only paraphrase Obi Won Kenobi:

"It's as if thousands of paragraphs cried out at once and were suddenly silenced."

I'm going to the corner now. I won't come back out until I can restrain my inner grammar fascist properly.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have nothing of worth to contribute to this thread, but after reading this post, I can only paraphrase Obi Won Kenobi:

"It's as if thousands of paragraphs cried out at once and were suddenly silenced."

I'm going to the corner now. I won't come back out until I can restrain my inner grammar fascist properly.

I would love to see the unedited version of your post.....:):

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The many that are not as you describe......you old hippie.....:):

Oh, them, hasn't it always been thus.....?
    p.s I was too young to be a beatnik, too old to be a hippie and too self-critical to be a yuppie. I got John Wayne whispering in my right ear, and John Lennon in my left. That's why I'm here......Sometimes it's hard to get to sleep with them arguing across(t) my shoulders.
    http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae142/findingzzero/oldhippie_zps88420769.jpeg

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I would love to see the unedited version of your post.....:):

The edits were due to formatting errors, although I did take time to correct my own grammar. My inner grammar fascist is allowed to go over my own writing. She gets quite rude when dealing with the poor grammar of others. I try not to let her cross those boundaries. It's not always possible to keep her in line.

Top Bottom