• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You have 30 min to buy AMZN at a bargain.
    I'd buy POWL at 149.99 too.

IF you are an investor not a trader.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. I knew the market was having a bad day when my GTC Limit order for TOST triggered today along with my AMZN order :)

Only 2 moves I have made today.

What tics me off is my 401K money always goes in on the day the market goes up 4% :)

I am just glad 70% of it goes in as cash. Wasn't that way in the old days.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :n00b:

Just a dumb hillbilly here, but I think the better investment is bullets?

The thread is 3 years old. The second post gave us 14 days until "the collapse" whatever that was supposed to be.

DJIA is up roughly 5,000 in that time frame. S&P 500 up 900. Roughly 11% and 20% gains, respectively, for easy figuring.

So, depends on your time frame. If you need bullets today, sure. If you need to retire in 20 years, maybe no.

Only thing I'm doing different is more money in managed risk funds and sold off some losers I got in stock splits (warner brothers discovery, primarily). Else it's still index funds, dividend stocks in the energy infrastructure space, and the biggest percentage into the Fidelity contrafund. One of the very few actively managed funds that routinely outperforms index funds, and once I've been using for some 15 years or so with pretty solid returns.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    :)

Look me up after the economy goes belly up. I'll be looking for people to run shovels and the like. Maybe sentry work on the perimeter, if you have enough trigger experience?

;)
    I have been needing a fall back plan ! :)

Thanks so much!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The thread is 3 years old. The second post gave us 14 days until "the collapse" whatever that was supposed to be.

DJIA is up roughly 5,000 in that time frame. S&P 500 up 900. Roughly 11% and 20% gains, respectively, for easy figuring.

So, depends on your time frame. If you need bullets today, sure. If you need to retire in 20 years, maybe no.

Only thing I'm doing different is more money in managed risk funds and sold off some losers I got in stock splits (warner brothers discovery, primarily). Else it's still index funds, dividend stocks in the energy infrastructure space, and the biggest percentage into the Fidelity contrafund. One of the very few actively managed funds that routinely outperforms index funds, and once I've been using for some 15 years or so with pretty solid returns.
    I bought your WBD in the 7s with a 5 year horizon.

I hope I don't have to cry over that one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1722628942898.png
    1722629050559.png

Biden called a lid early and headed to Delaware this morning.

Wonder where Kamala is campaigning this weekend to get the bidenomics report on her and Joe's economy?

:scratch:

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Good time to buy bond funds, if rates are cut the older higher rate bonds will be more valuable. Vanguard Total Bond fund is up today. Energy stocks still doing well. There are stocks other than tech...

I'm down overall today on my individual stocks, largely due to Ford and GE Aerospace, however since both have more than doubled since acquiring I'm ok with some dips.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am more concerned about possible Mid East conflicts than I am Biden ATM.

Top Bottom