• ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    BugIO2.... No offense taken and an apology is NOT necessary. Spirited difference in interpretation of data. Note in my original response I referred to myself as an "OLD war horse". Often times my choice of words does not convey the intent of my thoughts - it comes with age. :yesway:

Kutnupe14.... Note that I said "...most often" - not always. :p

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Out of the probably 100 men who have told me that they served in Vietnam maybe 85 of them were younger to MUCH younger than me. I was in high school as the last advisers were leaving Vietnam. I don't think that watching Full Metal Jacket qualifies as serving in Vietnam, but I must be wrong.

On the other hand I have had several people who seemed to be my age or at least close, claim to have just came back from combat in Afghanistan. They all seemed pretty old and in pretty poor condition to be recently in combat. One individual last week was holding a cardboard sign claiming to be an Iran veteran.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd like to give a shout out to Kutnupe for hijacking this thread with his ever cynical nature. I think he might have just persuaded me to start looking at things the same way.

For example.

If I were looking through a cynical eye I could see the article posted in a different light and say that the two LEOs in the story were using that poor dregg of society as propaganda to promote a more positive image of a besieged police state brought on by their corrupt brethren.

Why else would the compassionate LEO's partner snap a pic of him and the lying piece of trash stolen valor scum at the front desk of the motel paying for his room? amiright?

I guess I should admit that I was duped and their good will propaganda campaign worked on me. I think from now on I might be more hesitant to post something positive about a LEO interaction.

Once again. Thank you Kutnupe for helping me to expand my cynical horizons.

Top Bottom