• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    As for price Ive asked most of the dealers I know and nobody has replied yet. You would think it would have a similar price point but with it being the Shiny New Compact XDm it will def. have a premium added.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    XD v XDM

You might be surprised how many people who like XDs don't like the XDm.

The XD line isn't going anywhere.

I'd agree that the XD line isn't going anywhere. I doubt they will have the sales volume that they did before the XDM line came out. I'm sure that was worked into the equation though.

I think the XDM line is meant as a competition with the M&P series. It gives Springfield 2 polymer options for someone to choose from. I do see the M line becoming the standard bearer, and the XD competing with guns like the S&W Sigma (there's a new one too), Taurus, etc. When you compare the XD line to some of the more entry level pistols it really shines.

I'll probably pick up a compact. It will be a nice companion to my full size XDM.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I will have to fit this into my 2011 budget. My neighbor keep's telling me to get rid of my .40 llama(can't find magazines anyway) & get a 9mm. I will have to take a closer look @ it.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    As for price Ive asked most of the dealers I know and nobody has replied yet. You would think it would have a similar price point but with it being the Shiny New Compact XDm it will def. have a premium added.

From what I am seeing through our distribution they should fall somewhere between $619.95 and $649.95 depending on the dealer or distribution and how they set their margins.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturer[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Springfield
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XDM Compact[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Action[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Semi-automatic[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Type[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Double Action Only[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Size[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Compact[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caliber[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9MM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Barrel Length[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.8"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frame/Material[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Polymer[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finish/Color[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capacity[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19Rd[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Accessories[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Mags, Pdl Hlstr, Dbl Mag Pch, Mag Ldr, Lock[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1-19Rd,1-13Rd[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fired Casing[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fired Case[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sights[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fixed Sights[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturer Part #[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XDM9389CBHC[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSRP[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$705.00[/FONT]

CGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    If the XDM 9mm had a 5" barell I'd buy one for sure. Instead I think my next investment will be the S&W M&P9 Pro.

My sister in law wanted to buy a gun and set her budget at $700. we went to the local gun store (not the big box, I support small business!!) and she looked and held just about everything in the 9mm. She liked the replaceable back strap on the xdM, that the regular XD didn't have. She hated the glock sights, and I don't blame her. She wanted the 2-tone full size 4.5" barrel xdm but that was out of her budget so she settled for black on black full size at a grand total of $717 with tax.

Personally I haven't shot the compact, but I'm not a fan of full power compacts. I sold my keltec p11 for that reason, it was uncomfortable to shoot and truth be told unless you are using a belt holster a compact pistol is bulky to carry too. Therefore I personally prefer sub compacts like .380's, but something with a little weight like a ppk/s.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    From what I am seeing through our distribution they should fall somewhere between $619.95 and $649.95 depending on the dealer or distribution and how they set their margins.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturer[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Springfield
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XDM Compact[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Action[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Semi-automatic[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Type[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Double Action Only[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Size[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Compact[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caliber[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9MM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Barrel Length[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.8"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frame/Material[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Polymer[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finish/Color[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capacity[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19Rd[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Accessories[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Mags, Pdl Hlstr, Dbl Mag Pch, Mag Ldr, Lock[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1-19Rd,1-13Rd[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fired Casing[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fired Case[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sights[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fixed Sights[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturer Part #[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XDM9389CBHC[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSRP[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$705.00[/FONT]

ouch! i think i might get me a sig instead, unless they drop to about $500.

Top Bottom