• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    @Ozzy.40: that IS the question, isn't it? I've debated the same thing when looking at a site that had a COLT LE6720 allowable for orders, but not in stock. Haven't taken the plunge on it yet..

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    What happens if you place an order, then the magazine ban goes into effect before they ship it?

I would imagine it would be handled as simply as cancel the order, refund the payment source. Dick's Sporting Goods did it on the Troy AR15 rifle back orders. Nothing too complicated in issuing a refund.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    my order # 56**. Still waiting.

I found the thread on arf. People with higher order numbers have received theirs, also would've been nice to know there is a signature required for delivery.

Last edited:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    my order # 56**. Still waiting.

I found the thread on arf. People with higher order numbers have received theirs, also would've been nice to know there is a signature required for delivery.

I thought you were going to call Mako and cancel your order? Ordered mine on 12/26, still no shipping info. #55**

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I thought you were going to call Mako and cancel your order? Ordered mine on 12/26, still no shipping info. #55**

The card I used cannot have money put back onto it. So I have to ride it out. Thanks for your concern though.

Edit: Thx for the reminder, I just emailed again. They have surpassed all quoted delivery/shipping dates. I wonder what excuse I will receive now?

Last edited:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    The card I used cannot have money put back onto it. So I have to ride it out. Thanks for your concern though.

Edit: Thx for the reminder, I just emailed again. They have surpassed all quoted delivery/shipping dates. I wonder what excuse I will receive now?
    Well that is a matter of conjecture. Ordered on the 26th of Dec, that was 16 days ago and counting. Oh well, not like I have any ammo to put in the darn things.:dunno:

devastatingpov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Bloomington
    They posted an update to their Facebook page on January 6:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=491965324175171&id=106768359361538

The Mako Group

January 6

At this time, we are extending the fulfillment time on all new orders to shipping sometime within 3 weeks.
    This is for new orders, not orders already placed.
    We still may be able to get orders out in 10 days or two weeks or so, but our number of orders has continued to increase, and we do not want the processing of new orders to slow down the packing and shipping of existing orders.

We also do not want to give unrealistic expectations to our customers.

For those who have already ordered, we are still doing all we can to keep fulfillment around 10 days. This extension in shipping time will affect only orders placed from now on.

We will be hiring more people at our Long Island headquarters to process orders and are working double shifts and weekends to get the orders out and decrease this lead time.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    When I clicked buy now, it stated 2-3 days. Then the guy stated to me that it would go out by the end of the week. The last email said 10 business days.

There are beyond everything he quoted. How is it conjecture?

You're correct, I am wrong. I should have said a matter of interpretation not conjecture. The post just above this one does shed some clarity on the Mako shipping terms. 10 business days to process for orders already placed. You are correct again, they have far surpassed that milestone for both of us and many others I am sure. Makes one wonder if in the frenzy some orders were inadvertently lost or Mako is way off on their processing time projections even still.:dunno:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Got my two today. Seem to function well. Have typical "wear" on the mag catch spot after a few insertions. No biggie.

Just glad to finally get them.

Top Bottom