• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    themakogroup.com has Israeli e-lander magazines for under $20. I read about them on AR15.com. People seem to like them. I purchased 6 of the 30 rounders for $106 delivered. Used coupon code ARFCOM to get discount and if you order over $100 use coupon code FREE-GRND to get free shipping.

Last edited:

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    themakogroup.com has Israeli e-lander magazines for under $20. I read about them on AR15.com. People seem to like them. I purchased 6 of the 30 rounders for $106 delivered. Used coupon code ARFCOM to get discount and if you order over $100 use coupon code FREE-GRND to get free shipping.

Only 48 more posts to go!!!:dunno:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    And I'm still waiting on mine to ship. Starting to get pissed. It's been a week with no update other than an email telling me they had 3000 orders to process.

Quite frankly if you can't handle a large order, you should probably find a new business.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    I've had orders from other places that have been the same way. I don't think anyone can be prepared for the amount of orders that have been coming in.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    And I'm still waiting on mine to ship. Starting to get pissed. It's been a week with no update other than an email telling me they had 3000 orders to process.

Quite frankly if you can't handle a large order, you should probably find a new business.

Yeah, I am still waiting on mine too. Order page said 3-5 days for it to ship. Well, it's been longer than that. If you can't ship in 3-5 then don't state it on your order page!

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Just checked on my order at Makogroup for the E-Lander mags. States in my order hsitory I can no longer change the order because it has either shipped or is ready to ship. Happy days! At least one item I have ordered in the last 2 weeks may materialize at last.:)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Just checked on my order at Makogroup for the E-Lander mags. States in my order hsitory I can no longer change the order because it has either shipped or is ready to ship. Happy days! At least one item I have ordered in the last 2 weeks may materialize at last.:)

This company's Customer service is rude. I emailed after the 5 days were up, he said he'd ship it out "this week" which was last week.

I emailed again over the weekend and the same guy, a smartass answered "I told you 7-10 business days".

I am probably going to call and have them refund my money, as I cannot change or cancel via their website either. If they refuse I will be calling the state AG's office. Tired of a company stating one thing with no "swamped" warning, telling me something will go out within the week, and then lying to me about it.

Do not order from these people.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Ordered 12-24-12, waited patiently, got email the other day that it shipped. Arrived 1-7-13
    And be prepared to sign for it.

P1170349_zpsbbcf054d.jpg

Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    This company's Customer service is rude. I emailed after the 5 days were up, he said he'd ship it out "this week" which was last week.

I emailed again over the weekend and the same guy, a smartass answered "I told you 7-10 business days".

I am probably going to call and have them refund my money, as I cannot change or cancel via their website either. If they refuse I will be calling the state AG's office. Tired of a company stating one thing with no "swamped" warning, telling me something will go out within the week, and then lying to me about it.

The Makogroup is a fine company... I am sorry you had a bad experience during one of the largest buying spikes in the history of firearm sales, but I do not think that warrants trying to "blacklist" an entire company. Yes, you didn't have a warm fuzzy from their CS, no offense, but get over it, I've gotten 3 or 4 responses similar to yours... from various companies. Yes it sucks, no it is not how they normally do business, When stores that normally clear 10k a day, suddenly start clearing 100k a day, things slip, people get testy, they forget details, etc... If you don't like the price, or the way you were treated, cancel your order... but don't act like they stole your money, didn't ship anything, and are completely unresponsive.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The Makogroup is a fine company... I am sorry you had a bad experience during one of the largest buying spikes in the history of firearm sales, but I do not think that warrants trying to "blacklist" an entire company. Yes, you didn't have a warm fuzzy from their CS, no offense, but get over it, I've gotten 3 or 4 responses similar to yours... from various companies. Yes it sucks, no it is not how they normally do business, When stores that normally clear 10k a day, suddenly start clearing 100k a day, things slip, people get testy, they forget details, etc... If you don't like the price, or the way you were treated, cancel your order... but don't act like they stole your money, didn't ship anything, and are completely unresponsive.

Actually, I've dealt with this. Funny that they've made it so we can't cancel an order.

The guy was pretty much an ass. He replied to both my emails and lied in them both. Do what you will with your money, but an order with two magazines is hardly enough to warrant lying over or being an ******* over.

I've worked in retail and been swamped. No matter how ****ty your day has been, you should NEVER be an ******* to a customer. EVER. Nor should you lie.

If you tell me you will ship it this week, do it. Don't lie to me and tell me you told me 7 to ten business days. It has surpassed that today.

If you can't deliver on something you say, don't say it.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN

I found the same thing. I ordered from Mako Group before Christmas and my order has been in process status, unable to change or cancel for about a week now. But I do not have the AR finished due to 3 uppers back ordered from 3 different suppliers. Guess I will just keep things on order and wait. Go to the 1500 show and maybe something I find there will change my position. I believe federal law prohibits taking payment and not shipping within 30 days. The clock is ticking.

Add after edit: It has been 16 calendar days since I ordered and paid.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Well after admiring the E-Lander mag all afternoon.......

OK, not too happy with the E-Lander
    Even when EMPTY I have to SLAM them to get them to seat. NOT GOOD
    You can see in the pictures where the finish is wearing off just after 10 insertions.
    Tried the mag in 4 different rifles, same thing. USGI click right in, PMag click right in, SA-80 "England" steel mag clicks right in, HK mag clicks right in. Not happy, glad I only ordered one.

P1170360_zps9c6248f6.jpg

P1170361_zpsd2544903.jpg

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Well after admiring the E-Lander mag all afternoon.......

OK, not too happy with the E-Lander
    Even when EMPTY I have to SLAM them to get them to seat. NOT GOOD
    You can see in the pictures where the finish is wearing off just after 10 insertions.
    Tried the mag in 4 different rifles, same thing. USGI click right in, PMag click right in, SA-80 "England" steel mag clicks right in, HK mag clicks right in. Not happy, glad I only ordered one.

P1170360_zps9c6248f6.jpg

P1170361_zpsd2544903.jpg

Maybe try to exchange it with another one?

I have 6 on the way now and I will also report my findings here.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Mako covered their butt with this paragraph now in the description of the E-Lander Mags. With that said they have 5 more days to get mine out.
    "30 round E-Lander magazines are IN STOCK and we are receiving large shipments several times each week. Due to the large number of orders we are receiving on this product, we estimate orders will ship within 21 days. These magazines are NOT backordered."

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Very interesting thread here. I ordered 6 as well (got the discounts noted above), and received an email that my order was being processed, but nothing as far as shipping so far. Will be following this thread to see what everyone else's experience is. Thanks!

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Very interesting thread here. I ordered 6 as well (got the discounts noted above), and received an email that my order was being processed, but nothing as far as shipping so far. Will be following this thread to see what everyone else's experience is. Thanks!

That is interesting. I never received a email from Mako stating my order status as "being processed." That information I thought was only available by logging in to your account at the Mako Group site. The only emails I received were the receipt and the order confirmation. No referece to "Order Processing." You must know the secret Mako handshake perhaps.;)

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The guy answering emails sounds like the same guy representing Mako Defense on ar15.com. Here is the reply I got from the same post I posted above.

posted by MakoDefense
    I have a couple problems with your post here, and multiple other places on the internet.

First, your sample size is one. In some places you say them, as if you have tested several, but I just looked up your order, and as you said in your last sentence here, you ordered only one. If you got a bad one (it will happen - it's not a perfect world) it does not reflect the quality of all E-Lander mags. I have had two Pmags that did not drop free. Every other Pmag I have tried dropped free and so do millions of other Pmags. I had one Lancer mag that did not feed well. Found out from Lancers forum (where they proactively posted about the issue) how to fix it and did. Every other Lancer mag I have seen runs perfect (and now it does too). In fact, with every brand of magazine that I have used a lot of, or seen a number used, I have seen or heard of an issue. I don't worry about it, just get another if is a quality brand, and keep on going. I sure don't post all over the internet warning people not to buy their magazines.

Second, if I have a problem with a product, my first step is to contact the manufacturer. I would never post about an issue until I give the manufacturer a chance to make it right. If you had bothered to contact me, I would already have another magazine on order for you.

Third, we have already shipped almost 50,000 mags just from website orders. This does not count phone orders and dealer and distributor orders, which outnumber the web orders. Just from the nearly 50,000 we shipped from web orders, I would expect a couple to have defects. I have two that have been returned so far - on has a small dent. Function is fine, but we replaced it because our customer's have the right to expect the highest quality. The other functions fine in all the rifles I tried it in. The customer found that it was hard to seat, and had malfunctions in his rifle - I assume, based on the malfunction, that the magazine was not fully seated.

The mags are in use in Israel, Europe, and other parts of the world. They have been thoroughly tested by independent labs and by military testers.

Compared to the above, your sample size of one is pretty small . . .

Next time, please contact me and at least give me the opportunity to make it right - if nothing else, at least you would then have had a second magazine to test.

The last sentence tells me all I need to know about him and that I am probably SOL with the magazine I received.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    You can somewhat track your order on the ar15.com forum. People are listing the dates they purchased/received from mako. I am encouraged that they hired a second shift to process orders. I have an order number in the 8000's and I see that they are well over 10,000 now. Yesterday people who had ordered on the 23rd just got theirs yesterday.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    You can somewhat track your order on the ar15.com forum. People are listing the dates they purchased/received from mako. I am encouraged that they hired a second shift to process orders. I have an order number in the 8000's and I see that they are well over 10,000 now. Yesterday people who had ordered on the 23rd just got theirs yesterday.

Well, that is encouraging to hear. My order is 55** but have not received a confirmation yet. The enjoyment of online ordering is in the anticipation of delivery, I am fine with waiting a few more days.:)

Top Bottom