• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have a fast computer and a very fast internet connection. Every night I go to watch youtube videos and sometimes they are incredibly slow to load. Is this just me or an issue with youtube?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I have similar issues. Apparently I can run a high-quality Netflix stream but not a crappy handicam quality youtube video?

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The first video I watch plays really well. The second one...buffers...and buffers...and buffers. This usually results in a Chris Farley type voice of me saying "For the love of God! Load already!" I'm sure if my neighbors are outside they can hear me cussing my computer. It's an ok setup and mediocre internet.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I had some issues earlier with some of the music videos I was trying to watch. Of course at the time I had several additional tabs open. Some nights are better than others with youtube.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have an occasional slowdown, even on my 4G it can take a little bit longer to buffer. My home internet kinda sucks anyways.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Don't you guys know that PSY posted a new video on You Tube on Friday and instantly had 27 million hits :rolleyes: :laugh::laugh:

This is how warfare is done these days; post something studpid that appeals to kids and practically shut down the World! ;)

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I generally only get slowdowns towards the end of the month, when comcast decides to throttle my bandwidth.

That, or I can watch pointless funny cat and fail videos all day long without issue, but once I find a video that I actually want to watch and may learn something from, its back to slowville.

W

Wabatuckian

you need to opt out of html5. the html5 doesn't have enough dedicated bandwidth yet b/c it's something they're still experimenting with.

go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 when you're signed in and make sure html5 is off.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom