Is Toyota more American than GM or Ford???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What sort of problems did the Caddie have?

The rims kept corroding and letting the air out. The first couple of times, my wife took it in and they would just air them up, no write up or record. When it kept happening, I asked her to tell them to start keeping a record. The 4th time it happened, I took it to a different shop that pulled the wheel, pulled the tire and showed me corrosion on the rim. I took it back to the dealer, who acknowledged they had been having issues with the rims. Warranty covered it, but if the same rim did it a second time, I was told that I would have to pay for it, and at $1200 a rim on a new Caddy, this is not what I wanted to hear! Instead of pulling all 4 and checking them, they waited until they went bad, and then changed them. We had issues with the seats (poor quality velcro on the backs) the arm rests kept coming loose (no lock nut on the assembly and the plastic plugs that covered the bolt hole kept falling out) and the interior plastic was a very cheap quality, loose and rattling. I bit my tongue for as long as I could (the wife loved the car, choose your battles) but the constant rattles and the last leaking rim in the middle of winter were the straw that broke the camel's back. For their flagship vehicle, it turned me off of GM for a lifetime!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Heard this third person. A guy running a small business who does work for gm was told that they will only pay 80% of their invoices. They were contemplating closing their doors because they couldn't turn a profit that way.

Top Bottom