• ...and so much more!
  • Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    Just picked up my first handgun.

Now I'm starting to think I don't have enough magazines, I need to get an LTCH, I'm thinking I could use a holster or two.

I'm also checking out training schedules to see what training I want to take and how much it cost and how close is it to me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Now I'm starting to think I don't have enough magazines, I need to get an LTCH, I'm thinking I could use a holster or two.

I'm also checking out training schedules to see what training I want to take and how much it cost and how close is it to me.

Ammo would be a good thing.

Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    I have only had time to run half a box of Federal FMJ through it and so far I like it.

Another I thought of how much can I spend and not get seriously injured by my wife.

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    I have only had time to run half a box of Federal FMJ through it and so far I like it.

Another I thought of how much can I spend and not get seriously injured by my wife.
    Congrats... Welcome to the club. Get your wife involved and then when you bring a gun home, it will be"That's nice, where's mine"

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Tried to get her involved. I took her to the range once and shot a Ruger 22/45 and she decided it wasn't for her.

Just wait, if your wife is anything like mine, she will want involved as soon as she realizes that you are enjoying your time at the range. As soon as she forced herself to try my hobby, she was hooked. I think at this point she might have more handguns than I do...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

:rofl:

It only gets worse buddy! Holster or two cracked me up. I have a whole rubbermade storage box full of holsters. You will too.

I have at least 6 mags for each pistol I own, Lifetime LTCH, and a stock pile of ammo that somehow never seems big enough.

Welcome to the addiction. Your wallet WILL hate you before its over.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    :rofl:

It only gets worse buddy! Holster or two cracked me up. I have a whole rubbermade storage box full of holsters. You will too.

I have at least 6 mags for each pistol I own, Lifetime LTCH, and a stock pile of ammo that somehow never seems big enough.

Welcome to the addiction. Your wallet WILL hate you before its over.

Haha that it will. It seems like 90% of my "fun" money goes to something firearm related. But the way I look at it, they hold value if they're well cared for and you've always got something to fall back on if you're in a tough spot and need some quick cash.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let's see, I'm a fairly new gun owner, like you, so I'll comment on my experience.

Bought my first handgun last April (G19). Loaded it and left it on my nightstand for protection and didn't think anything else about it. My buddy started in on me not much later telling me I needed to get range time in. Finally caved and went with him to BGF in October. Had such an awesome time, I've been going at least once a week since.

Since October, I've picked up 6 other handguns and the parts to build my first AR-15. I've sold a couple of the handguns and I'm down to a total of 5. I have a total of 12 magazines for my G19, 4 mags for my G34 and M&P VTAC, 6 mags for my PPQ and 3 for my M&P Shield. I'll eventually get more magazines for the Shield and probably a couple more for the PPQ. I like to spend my range time shooting, not reloading.

I've got 5 holsters so far and use 2 of them for my carry weapon, one for when I OC and one for when I CC. Getting ready to get an extra Kydex for my Alien Gear holster that fits the Shield so I can start carrying it instead of my G19. Just picked up a used gun safe from my buddy to store everything in. Have picked up a few ammo cans and various other firearm related items here and there. Just had my order of 400 targets come in as well. I got my LTCH in December and took my UT class last month. Waiting for it to come in. Trying to decide what training I want to take and also thinking about getting into IDPA.

Point is, once you get into it, it can become an addiction. I find I really enjoy shooting and gun ownership and this forum has been a great resource for information and meeting some really great people. Good luck and I hope your journey is as enjoyable as mine has been :)

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    Just wait, if your wife is anything like mine, she will want involved as soon as she realizes that you are enjoying your time at the range. As soon as she forced herself to try my hobby, she was hooked. I think at this point she might have more handguns than I do...
    My wife was not interested at first either. She didn't mind that I had guns.( actually liked the fact) She just wasn't interested in shooting. With everything going on in the news, one day she decided that she wanted her license. While outside target shooting, she looked at me,said "this is fun, let's stop going out to eat and buy more bullets".I think she now owns 3 rifles, 1 shotgun, and 5 pistols. It can happen!

Top Bottom