Is There Something Out There Or Is Intelligent Life On Earth It? A Poll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there intelligent life beyond our planet?

• The intelligent life on Earth is all there is.

Votes: 5 4.8%
    • There is intelligent life out there, be it a God, Or Other Life Forms.

Votes: 100 95.2%

• Total voters

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I believe that within the confines of this discussion, the technology eluded to here did not come from this realm. That being said did it come from another planet no I do not believe it did. I believe it came from beings in the spiritual realm that to fully explain my position goes toward a religious discussion that for the sake of respect for the original poster I will not delve into.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If you have amazon watch close encounters of the fifth kind by Steven Greer. Talks about evolution and once you have everything you then can focus on your mind and consciousness. If your civilization has been around long enough you will become gods and exist in different dimensions. Also explains how anyone or group can contact them and that is exactly what the government does not want.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I believe that within the confines of this discussion, the technology eluded to here did not come from this realm. That being said did it come from another planet no I do not believe it did. I believe it came from beings in the spiritual realm that to fully explain my position goes toward a religious discussion that for the sake of respect for the original poster I will not delve into.
    Are you trying to tell me Jesus built the pyramids and not aliens? I mean sure he was a carpenter but come on.

only joking

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

They are not only out there they are everywhere. The theory is the only way to cover the distance is because they are inter dimensional. The tech they posses would seem like magic to us or they themselves would seem to be gods.

the government is releasing more and more classified information about UAP and what has been found. Disclosure can’t be too far off.

We are seeing more and more disclosure from the Feds and other governments.

Is TV like ancient aliens type shows intended to normalize the topic for further disclosure?

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    We are seeing more and more disclosure from the Feds and other governments.

Is TV like ancient aliens type shows intended to normalize the topic for further disclosure?
    1613622437758.jpeg
    Yes it is and to desensitize you. When they put on the “alien arrival”, I just want 1956 Sun Records Elvis to return not 70’s fat Elvis

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I believe there is a God.
    I'm agnostic about intelligent life on other planets. It's entirely possible, but we just don't know.
    I believe there is some intelligent life on Earth when judged by our own standards. When we set the bar for "intelligence" it's easy to call ourselves intelligent. Humans use about 10% of their brain (some use much, much less). So, in the grand scheme of things, how intelligent are we really?
    In reality, the 10% claim is 100% myth. You use all of your brain. The only instances where there are unused regions of the brain are those in which brain damage or disease has destroyed certain regions.

Easy enough to find details online debunking that claim. Afraid there’s no magic solution if you keep forgetting where you left your keys or why you just walked downstairs for something!

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All through our time on this planet we've had oral histories, written records and pictorial representations of the non-human beings that we see and that occasionally jack with us. So yeah, there's something, whatever they are.
    There are depictions of what we would call vampires that run across many diverse cultures. I’m not sure that is reliable criteria for if one physically exists.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are depictions of what we would call vampires that run across many diverse cultures. I’m not sure that is reliable criteria for if one physically exists.

How do you know they were depicted as "vampires"? I get such a laugh at the arrogance of the researchers claiming the know what something meant to ancient peoples. Usually if challenged one discovers it was all made up out of the researchers vivid imagination...

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On further thought, I have to agree with the opinion that the poll as stated is flawed. Stating that this is not a discussion about God is problematic when God is specifically listed as one of the choices.

As to whether God is an alien, that’s an interesting question. I think most, if not all, Christians conceive of God as being transcendant, is that another word for alien? And yet those same Christians believe that God created humans in his own image. So there is something about that “alien” presence that is integral to us.

If that ventures into “off the rails” territory, my apologies. But one’s presuppositions about how intelligent life happened here is going to inform our opinions of whether it’s out there.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Investigators found out a long time ago that what was thought to be space aliens actually behaved like the demons and fairies and spirit beings of folk legends from around the world. And, UFO sightings are so often accompanied by "spiritual" phenomenon. Once you get that under your thinking cap it can take you oh so many places.

Where it takes me is just back to God because as my favorite preacher once said about UFO's, from the biblical perspective...
    They're just like cars. There's good ones and bad ones. You get some nut behind the wheel and you got a bad one.
    :lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    On further thought, I have to agree with the opinion that the poll as stated is flawed. Stating that this is not a discussion about God is problematic when God is specifically listed as one of the choices.

As to whether God is an alien, that’s an interesting question. I think most, if not all, Christians conceive of God as being transcendant, is that another word for alien? And yet those same Christians believe that God created humans in his own image. So there is something about that “alien” presence that is integral to us.

If that ventures into “off the rails” territory, my apologies. But one’s presuppositions about how intelligent life happened here is going to inform our opinions of whether it’s out there.
    It is an interesting question. My point about discussing God was to head off the all to frequent discussions here that the resident atheists turn into a knock down drag out over the existence of God.

What if more intelligent aliens came to earth and combined their DNA with the primitive species here and that accounts for the big brain explosion in the evolutionary track, making humans in their own image thereby becoming Gods?

Lots of possibilities that could still align with biblical teachings.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The first picture back from Mars today.
    Aliens-1109883.png

Top Bottom