Is "The Great Reset" a conspiracy theory or something else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But the other option in the title , the '... or something else' - you have already ruled out discussion of a scriptural dimension because you don't like it and don't consider it 'rigorous' I guess? Hardly seems like a discussion, more like a lecture

Maybe you should reread the OP and decide for yourself if that’s what he means by “something else”. If “something else” means any reality and not the one we’re in, I suppose wondering if extra-terrestrials has something to do with the great reset.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe you should reread the OP and decide for yourself if that’s what he means by “something else”. If “something else” means any reality and not the one we’re in, I suppose wondering if extra-terrestrials has something to do with the great reset.

'Freedom of ...' not 'Freedom from ...'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay then. It’s aliens. That’s who started the whole conspiracy. It was supposed to say, “the great suppository”, but the universal translator mis-translated “suppository” it as “reset”.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

This seems like. A strange insertion here.

So since we are throwing strange things out there.
    May I please direct you to the treaty of Tripoli.
    I'd like to suggest you read it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don’t know if I’m recalling this correctly, but religious discussions weren’t formerly allowed on INGO. Then the religious threads were created as an experiment of sorts and allowed there. Such discussions often derail threads like this one has. Bit also they often end badly. So far this has been pretty tame. I don’t know what the rules on religious discussion is now, or whether they’re quarantined in the religious threads still, or if people may freely insert it anywhere. That might be a good place to start.
    All religious discussion was barred from INGO for quite a while. The religious threads came into being at the time the restrictions were loosened, but I do not believe it was to be only allowed there.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well this is an interesting thread....I think I'll just back right back out.....

images

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You loaned it to me ese....I'll get it back to you the next time you're heading to God's country.....

KMVOQ4QWO7JRDUNNKS5PBNVNAY.jpg

Been too long since I did. Last time we drove through at 10 pm, so couldn't stop in.
    The wife says she need to go to Nash Vegas again to see her chiropractor... (long story, don't ask)

Well this is an interesting thread....I think I'll just back right back out.....
    I don't know, but no one's taking up my offer about the other thread, so I'm about to let loose like a Pentecostal at a tent revival in July.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This seems like. A strange insertion here.

So since we are throwing strange things out there.
    May I please direct you to the treaty of Tripoli.
    I'd like to suggest you read it.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor, and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness. Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be. That we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks, for His kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation, for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of His providence, which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war, for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed, for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted, for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which He hath been pleased to confer upon us. And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions, to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually, to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed, to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shown kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord. To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and Us, and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best. Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

— George Washington

*.*

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you again side step the conversation to deflect something else?

No. You are directing me to read the Treaty of Tripoli, I assume predominantly article eleven, presented to the senate in a proposed treaty by Adams. I responded to that with perhaps the foremost founding father expounding on the subject from the other direction. Neither supercedes the constitution but gives some indication of beliefs

I assume you want to say the US has a secular government, which is correct, but I am showing you that that government was composed by a cadre that was in no wise devoid of believers. I mentioned 'freedom of' vs 'freedom from' because the first amendment prohibits restricting the free exercise of religion in the same sentence as where it prohibits the establishment of a state religion. You have no 'right' to be free from religion, although the idea is often misinterpreted to be so

Jefferson's letter to the DBA is no more binding on civil discourse than the clause in that treaty or the poem later added to the base of the Statue of Liberty, and I'm sure the Lakota or the Diné would be interested in knowing that every letter in treaties made by the US is always enforced strictly

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    No. You are directing me to read the Treaty of Tripoli, I assume predominantly article eleven, presented to the senate in a proposed treaty by Adams. I responded to that with perhaps the foremost founding father expounding on the subject from the other direction. Neither supercedes the constitution but gives some indication of beliefs

I assume you want to say the US has a secular government, which is correct, but I am showing you that that government was composed by a cadre that was in no wise devoid of believers. I mentioned 'freedom of' vs 'freedom from' because the first amendment prohibits restricting the free exercise of religion in the same sentence as where it prohibits the establishment of a state religion. You have no 'right' to be free from religion, although the idea is often misinterpreted to be so

Jefferson's letter to the DBA is no more binding on civil discourse than the clause in that treaty or the poem later added to the base of the Statue of Liberty, and I'm sure the Lakota or the Diné would be interested in knowing that every letter in treaties made by the US is always enforced strictly

Our repeated request to keep this secular has literally nothing to do with my rights or yours. It's about appropriateness.

If we were talking about manifest destiny, would it be appropriate for you to show up and start talking about the pros and cons of lifestyles condoms over trojan condoms?

No.
    If we asked you to drop it, would it be a violation of your rights. Again no. There is a time and place to talk about religion. This thread isnt it.

I'll side step for a moment. I wish we were at such odds with one another. Your avatar makes me think we both love a classic movie.

(Yes I agree my side step was inappropriate in regards to the thread topic. Now we are both in the wrong )

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well. **** the great [STRIKE]reset[/STRIKE] suppository conversation. We’s gonna argue about religion.

Yeah. I’m out. Maybe the mods should change the title to reflect what it’s really about.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Our repeated request to keep this secular has literally nothing to do with my rights or yours. It's about appropriateness...

Then perhaps explain again what the Treaty of Tripoli has to do with anything?

May I perhaps suggest that if someone makes a tangential reference to a concept in religion, that you just let it slide, just as you would a reference to karma or enlightenment - otherwise, having an especial woody for any vestige of Christianity makes me wary of a closet PaulF, who considers us an enemy to be vanquished

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Then perhaps explain again what the Treaty of Tripoli has to do with anything?

May I perhaps suggest that if someone makes a tangential reference to a concept in religion, that you just let it slide, just as you would a reference to karma or enlightenment - otherwise, having an especial woody for any vestige of Christianity makes me wary of a closet PaulF, who considers us an enemy to be vanquished

Enemy? Hardly silly yes.
    Vanquished? That's a bit harsh. But yea a generally agree the world no longer needs people believing in poorly written fiction.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My perspective is that an opinion from a Christian viewpoint can never be 'inappropriate' anymore than an opinion from an atheist or agnostic viewpoint should be. You may be angling toward that idea that religion, money and politics should not be talked about in polite company, but we are hardly polite and we are already talking about politics, yes. Christians should have a seat at the table just like anyone else, and be as free to dismiss your beliefs as you seem to feel you are to dismiss theirs. Insh'Allah

Wondering if you're a member of the Mensa of atheists, the Freedom From Religion Society

Top Bottom