• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Man, if I could convince my wife I would, then turn it into gold. She just isn’t ready yet, hope she doesn’t wait till it’s to late.

Pitch: If we buy gold and the banking system holds up fine, we can sell the gold and move back into cash.
    Pitch 2: If I'm right and we don't move some cash to PM's, our wealth will take a hard hit. And I'll have that "I told you so" for the rest of our marriage.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    If you have more than $250K in any one bank it is probably time to move the excess to another bank so it is covered. Other than that I don't think it is time to start a "run" on the banks.
    Even SVB people can get their money out if they want. The sky is not falling.
    Per account, not per bank.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Per account, not per bank.
    Technically it's per insured bank, per depositor, for each account ownership category (individual, joint, IRA, Trust, etc).

So, if you and the Mrs each have $250k in separate individual accounts at the same bank, you'd both be covered. Or if you have $250k in an individual account, a joint account, and an IRA, it'd all be covered. But if you have $250k each in 4 different joint accounts at the same bank, only the first $250k is covered.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Even SVB people can get their money out if they want. The sky is not falling.
    For now. FDIC doesn't have the money to cover even a fraction of the banking system's collective unrealized losses from underwater bonds. If a large enough bank run and flight to safety happens, Daddy Gov won't be able to plug the holes in the damn and keep announcing business as usual.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    For now. FDIC doesn't have the money to cover even a fraction of the banking system's collective unrealized losses from underwater bonds. If a large enough bank run and flight to safety happens, Daddy Gov won't be able to plug the holes in the damn and keep announcing business as usual.

What are you talking about? There's all kind of money to plug holes with!

1678893224998.png
    1678893240224.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When “every single msm outfit” tells me multiple times in a single story that “my money is safe in the bank” I get really worried. Talked about this last night with my wife. She isn’t really where I am (in thoughts) ……yet.
    When a senator asks how to stop discussions like this on social media it adds to those worries…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom