• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    When I made my last trade gold was lower than it is now, I was offered 306.00 ea. for my 1/10 oz. eagles. That was about 5 or 6 months ago.
    Since gold has been well under $2,000 since April/May of last year, I hope you took that trade at 50% premium.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Since gold has been well under $2,000 since April/May of last year, I hope you took that trade at 50% premium.
    Nope, kept my eagles. Went there to make the trade we agreed to make on the phone. That’s what I did. I waited years for that trade and stuck to my guns and did what I wanted to do. I haven’t sold any metal or spent any cash for metal in over two decades. I grow my metal now by trading the ratios.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've picked up a few of the 10 gram gold bars from Valcambi and Argor-Heraeus with assay card, and like them. Premium not too bad and I don't get sticker shock if I order them one at a time.

I've gotten four so far for a total of $2,276.83.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've picked up a few of the 10 gram gold bars from Valcambi and Argor-Heraeus with assay card, and like them. Premium not too bad and I don't get sticker shock if I order them one at a time.

I've gotten four so far for a total of $2,276.83.
    I just did the math. That's basically 1830.00/troy oz..

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have a whole bunch of silver rolls my mother saved way back when $10face cost $10. I wish she would have saved even more. Also have a lot of Indianhead pennies.

I also have quite a few silver certificates which unfortunately are not worth silver anymore.

Blazer90

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Lafayette
    If you can find some with reasonable premiums, it's small enough for transactions.
    Occasionally, you'll find some pieces for about the same cost as 1oz bars or coins.

But 1/10oz (3g) is really small and easily lost.

Are you looking for smaller pieces, or less costly pieces?
    I am looking purely on a budget basis.
    And a giant thank you to everyone who replied to my question !!!
    Lots more to think about….especially comparison to premium costs !

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I am looking purely on a budget basis.
    And a giant thank you to everyone who replied to my question !!!
    Lots more to think about….especially comparison to premium costs !
    Sir:
    In my opinion only, presious metal is only a value at generational levels. If you are looking for an investment vehicle for current FRN’s (money you will spend in your lifetime) there are a lot of better methods.

I will not presume to speculate on what you mean by the word “budget” . Each of us has a different budget. If you are looking for a “make a lot of money fast” type thing, I would suggest you consult a paid professional.

Now, I would look at who, what, holds the largest storage of silver (an industrial/semipresious metal), and gold. Both presious metals but for different reasons. Who has them and why? It’s not the US Gov.

A postscript:
    The World Banks (China the biggy) have been the largest purchaser of gold in the last several years………do the math. If not for yourself, for your descendants. Now look at land.…. For the first time in history all of the world’s currency is fiat. Again this is JMO. As has been said upthread, lead, brass, copper is always a good investment. Head on a swivel. Good luck to you and yours.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom