• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    After getting my free oz of copper from flyingsquirrel here I caught the bug.

Hi I'm 1775usmarine and a I'm first time buyer.

Bought from Golden State Mint today and got my 10% military discount. I bought a 1oz silver round for 31.27 and 10oz of copper rounds for 2.60 a piece. Total came to 66.80.

Shipping was 6.95 and the fee for using my card was 2.57.

If I calculated it right: adding the shipping and cc fee then dividing by number of items and then adding that to price I paid minus spot I paid 7.43 over spot which was 25.61 at this posting. I would assume I did ok for a first time buyer?

My plan once my divorce is finalized to buy up to 5oz of silver rounds or coins a month for the future or to pass on to my 3yr and 1yr old when I'm gone.

I did see Provident does offer a military discount. Does anyone know what it is I would assume 10%.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    After getting my free oz of copper from flyingsquirrel here I caught the bug.

Hi I'm 1775usmarine and a I'm first time buyer.

Bought from Golden State Mint today and got my 10% military discount. I bought a 1oz silver round for 31.27 and 10oz of copper rounds for 2.60 a piece. Total came to 66.80.

Shipping was 6.95 and the fee for using my card was 2.57.

If I calculated it right: adding the shipping and cc fee then dividing by number of items and then adding that to price I paid minus spot I paid 7.43 over spot which was 25.61 at this posting. I would assume I did ok for a first time buyer?

My plan once my divorce is finalized to buy up to 5oz of silver rounds or coins a month for the future or to pass on to my 3yr and 1yr old when I'm gone.

I did see Provident does offer a military discount. Does anyone know what it is I would assume 10%.

February of last year is when I started. Spot price + premium at LCS was $34/toz then.

Not sure of military discounts, but I keep an eye on https://findbullionprices.com/ when there are dips.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Provident was very quick to email back about the military discount and responding once I sent a photo of front and back of my VA card and DL. They had the discount applied to my account and it is the lowest price shown for the greater buy. So if you buy 500 coins for 29.76 a piece I can buy 1 for 29.76 instead of say 32.50.

Top Bottom