• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    DEFINITELY. NO GUNS IN VA. That's a big NO NO if ever was one.
    I still shudder when I think of the dozens of times I was in the wrong there before I realized this. For a while after getting out of the Navy, Roudenbush was my primary care provider. Dozens of times... :runaway:

It wasn't until I came to INGO that I realized that the Federal prohibition was effective there, so thanks for that, INGO!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's actually quite easy. Learn the few places where carrying a gun is illegal in Indiana. If it isn't one of those places, it isn't illegal. If you don't want to be asked to leave, don't let your gun be seen.
    I think his point is that there is no quick reference on what places are legally off limits. The average gun owner doesn't know the location of every daycare, schoolhouse, courtroom, jail cell, legally off limit GFZ nor is this information easily found. Making accidental felons is all most of the legal GFZs are good for.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I had to take a friend to the ER while we were in INDY for the weekend a couple weeks back and in order to get into the ER you had to pass through a metal detector in order to get into the building. Can't tell you what the rest of the place is like, but the ER is definately a no go....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had to take a friend to the ER while we were in INDY for the weekend a couple weeks back and in order to get into the ER you had to pass through a metal detector in order to get into the building. Can't tell you what the rest of the place is like, but the ER is definately a no go....
    Which hospital? I don't know of any with metal detectors. They would be going off non-stop, just from the ladies' purses.

Now, RFID detectors, I can believe. Hospitals tag EVERYTHING that has any value.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Which hospital? I don't know of any with metal detectors. They would be going off non-stop, just from the ladies' purses.

Now, RFID detectors, I can believe. Hospitals tag EVERYTHING that has any value.

I work for IU Health and Methodist Hospital in downtown Indy has metal detectors at the ED entrance. University Hospital doesn't have an ED any more, it was consolidated into the Level 1 Trauma Center at Methodist. Not sure about Riley's ED and I haven't seen them in the suburban hospitals yet.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I work for IU Health and Methodist Hospital in downtown Indy has metal detectors at the ED entrance. University Hospital doesn't have an ED any more, it was consolidated into the Level 1 Trauma Center at Methodist. Not sure about Riley's ED and I haven't seen them in the suburban hospitals yet.
    *ding ding* winner! It was IU Methodist downtown.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I am not a lawyer... but, as I understand it, there is nothing illegal about carrying at IU Health - IU Hospital in Indy. You will most certainly be asked to leave if someone sees a gun, but there is nothing illegal about it.

Last edited:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    There is a sign posted at the ER entrance on the east side right next to the security office.

And as has been pointed out, Signs signs everywhere signs..... There are signs everywhere, only some of them are legally supported. Some are simply a sign saying no guns, but carry no weight of law. When a poster asks if it is legal to carry, they are asking if it is LEGAL to carry regardless if there is a sign requesting we not carry there. I agree with one post here saying it would be nice if there was an official sign stating the law, and also nice if there was a penalty for displaying that sign if it isn't a legal GFZ / CSZ (criminal safe zone)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This $7 OTC aspirin tablets have RFIDs in them?
    Been in IU Health at I456 & N Meridian (Do NOT drive that area right now unless you mean it!) on PA Parkway many times supporting a friend. Never noted any gun busters ever. `Course, it's an outpatient facility.

Top Bottom