• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Both of the above are the 64K dollar questions . Who knows what new weapons they (Iran) have yet to unveil ?

Sure skill and technology goes a long way but lucky shots ain't bad either .

Who knows the measure of their (Russia & China) resolve when it comes to stopping our meddling and imperialistic ways .

Their respective militaries are starting to work together more than they used to . I'm bettin that's a "clue" .

I hope you were being a bit sarcastic when you typed this. The US hasn't gobbled up and assimilated whole countries lately. Russian held most of Eastern Europe until they couldn't afford the armies to keep their power and they're flexing their muscles again. And China invaded and assimilated Tibet and is harassing shipping in the South China Sea. The US has no monopoly on "meddling" in the world.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This... They can try, but I don't recommend it.

I know I've read the Iranian strategy is thought to be "swarm attacks" and they're known to have Silkworm anti-ship missiles. I suppose if they massed enough vessels and attacked through weather poor enough that CAP wasn't available, they could make a big enough hole to accomplish their mission.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I hope you were being a bit sarcastic when you typed this. The US hasn't gobbled up and assimilated whole countries lately. Russian held most of Eastern Europe until they couldn't afford the armies to keep their power and they're flexing their muscles again. And China invaded and assimilated Tibet and is harassing shipping in the South China Sea. The US has no monopoly on "meddling" in the world.

We probably should have. :xmad:

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I know I've read the Iranian strategy is thought to be "swarm attacks" and they're known to have Silkworm anti-ship missiles. I suppose if they massed enough vessels and attacked through weather poor enough that CAP wasn't available, they could make a big enough hole to accomplish their mission.

They may be able to accomplish it, but how long could they maintain a hold on it? With 2 carrier groups in the area and a few countries that wouldn't take too kindly to that trade route being blocked I can't help thinking it would be suicide.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    They may be able to accomplish it, but how long could they maintain a hold on it? With 2 carrier groups in the area and a few countries that wouldn't take too kindly to that trade route being blocked I can't help thinking it would be suicide.

All they would need to do is sink a couple supertankers dead in the middle of the Straits to disrupt traffic for a long time. There would likely be severe consequences for doing so, but the Iranian leadership doesn't strike me as being especially rational. God Forbid they get a nuke and get it out near one of our carriers groups.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom