Is 80 lbs of tannerite for gender reveal excessive?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Any amount of tannerite for a gender reveal is excessive! These things are getting as silly as what kids are doing for prom dates. It’s going to take a few deaths before it stops.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm no geologist, but I can understand some of the mechanics of the blast.

For instance if this was set off in an old quarry, with lots of rock face to absorb the energy, I could see that energy being readily transferred into the "bedrock" and moving a LOT of that energy through the ground.

Now good luck proving that crack wasnt in your basement wall beforehand. Or maybe it wasnt but was going to reveal itself within 2 years naturally and just needed a nudge due to the already existing natural stresses in play.

I think that 80lbs isnt really enough to do THAT much new damage with no underlying issues already there. This was probably the straw that broke the camels back in most cases.

Now if this was all piled up on a field somewhere, I dont see how you could focus that much energy into the ground to do this kind of serious damage because the bulk of the energy would be directed skyward. It sounds like ignorant folks attributing much more blame than really appropriate.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Still can't belive it would damage the foundation of a house. Sounds like a bunch a Karen's up there.
    No foundations were damaged. Maybe popped a few windows close by but no.

We popped off 5lbs at Gala event and it was amazing from 125 yards.
    If memory serves me correct a while back a guy blew up a dump truck with 100 pounds of tannerite that set off alarms at a nuclear power plant a mile away.
    The cracks was more likely from previous explosions at the quarry and someone is trying to scam the system.

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Definitely not a wise thing to do in todays world. Could be defined as a terrorist act. Quite a risk for just a gender reveal.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I'd party with them.

Rock quarry down the street + owners who probably enjoy guns and/or goofing around + stereotypical New England neighbors = BS news story and claims about damaged property.

And yes I fully know NH is more conservative than other parts of New England (my wife is from there), but there are still plenty of whiny libs within earshot of, say, a quarry full of goofballs. And it was a Boston TV station covering the story.

Top Bottom