• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Hello all I kept away from the gun show and went to a small local gun show just looking, and saw a IO USA ak47 "hellhound" for $ 700 and just wondered if anybody has heard about this brand or if it's a good deal? I know nothing of ak"s so any help would be great

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I think I can speak for the other AK guys on this board when I say, "No! No! No!" IOs are probably the only company with a worse reputation than Century. A basic WASR is a better rifle and cheaper.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I watched a vid about wasr ak's and the guy said the QC has gotten a lot better is this true? And are they a good ak to get?

Yes, the WASR can be a great rifle. If you can inspect the rifle before purchase, check for canting and make sure all the rivets are formed correctly.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    the wasrs are good to go. My friend just bought one and everything on it was as it is suppose to be. Still, because of past experiences, I would inspect before buying but you should be fine.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    AKs are not mysterious. Just pick the gun up and inspect as if it were any other firearm - if the worksmanship is crappy or if the functions of the gun feel rough then stay away. Asking questions about brands on the internet is probably the single worst thing you can do, and it is not a substitute for going out and getting experience.

You are talking to the sort of people who will tell you never to buy a Ford because they read on the internet the Pinto was a terrible car - never mind they have been out of production for 35 years. Many of them are laughably closed minded and Xenophobic in their opinions, because most of their opinions are formed from reading the online postings of other people who also have no real experience (IMO, the cliche' "my buddy bought one" line does not amount to substantial experience in 99% of cases).

Go out and get your hands dirty.

Top Bottom