• ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Matt,

Thanks for hosting, you guys went above and beyond what I expected.

George once again ran an excellent class. You don't know what you don't know until someone opens your mind to the lack of knowledge.

George can do this in a manner that allows for a positive training environment, that is both fun and informative. As well as safe.

This was my fourth or fifth class with George. I will train with him again. I always pick up some new bit of info or a better way of defending myself and more importantly, those that are under my protection.

The stick, hawk, cane and pen segments were most informative. Defensive weapons are everywhere around you. You just have to learn how to most effectively and efficiently use them.

Thanks for the link to the MCS group.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Great class, again. I love the feeling of confidence that comes from having open hand, knife and pen/improvised weapon skills that can compliment my gun or serve as a primary force option when the gun is not an option for whatever reason. I also really appreciate the emphasis on protecting loved ones.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Matt, thanks for hosting!

I really loved the "crawl, walk, run" aspect of this class. I needed a lot of crawling at first. I also learned a little adaptation to breaking the OODA Loop...crazy what the eyes will follow by your attacker. It was slow motion...Sorry Riverman, I had to try it. That gave me an extra second to get my "airsoft" deployed. :D

I need to seriously consider weakside carry for my firearm. Being left handed and 93% of attackers are right handed, I really need to have an option on the right side.

When George comes back, I'll be there. Outstanding instruction.

Oh, and the tazer makes it a little more realistic...:D

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    next time make a thread announcing the class, don't bury in an old thead!

It was a new thread when we were trying to get dates lined up for the class:)
    The thought was to have it in the winter when people aren't so busy.
    The first weekend in May was the earliest date that worked out for George and the host.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Thank you to Matt for hosting, Mercop for making the journey, and fellow students for being good training partners. It was great to see familiar faces and meet new people motivated to learn valuable skills.

Three main takeaways for me are:

- Reinforcement of body mechanics and leverage in attack/defense angles in a 3-dimensional, rather than a 2-dimensional plane.

- Breaking of the square range mentality and task fixation that causes one to be frozen in place or paralyzed through choices/processing/analysis, e.g. Hick's Law.

- Increased confidence and skill in defensive use of open hands and improvised weapons.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh shush it:D

Consider me shushed.

I'm glad you got a fresh perspective and are drawing some new conclusions! Your weekend was 100% from a guy who knows how things really work during actual tense social situations. I'm proud of you guys for attending!

See, sometimes I'm actually right about things. Sometimes. And believe it or not, I actually know a couple of things that I don't tell everyone I know. Hehehe

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Consider me shushed.

I'm glad you got a fresh perspective and are drawing some new conclusions! Your weekend was 100% from a guy who knows how things really work during actual tense social situations. I'm proud of you guys for attending!

See, sometimes I'm actually right about things. Sometimes. And believe it or not, I actually know a couple of things that I don't tell everyone I know. Hehehe

Believe it or not, I heard a lot of the same things I've been hearing for years :rolleyes:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Guys, what a killer weekend. Looks like we were really blessed with the weather even though it was a tad warm.

As usual I found lots of motivated people with open minds. The 7 X 7 course is really about learning the alphabet doing in the classroom and with drills, and then working on words and paragraphs in scenarios.

As we discussed, when someone offers information, evidence it. If it cannot be evidenced then it is bull**** and fairy dust, and when you are dealing with protecting you and your family there is no room for that. Keep the thoughts coming and get that MCS CQCG Group going.- George

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That was a great weekend chock full of no-nonsense valuable stuff!

It was great to meet and see everyone. :)

I know how quickly some of this (though certainly not all) will slip away without practice and application, so I'm in on the training group plan.

I can now highly recommend MCS training. :yesway:
    Having sampled and participated was to confirm the suspicions I'd gathered from reading Mercop's posts - since these fundamentals were designed around and capitalize on an understanding of human anatomy, psychology, natural hard-wired responses, evidenced statistics, etc. their application extends far beyond rote techniques or hardware.

Rockwoot. :rockwoot: Seriously. ;)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    That was a great weekend chock full of no-nonsense valuable stuff!

It was great to meet and see everyone. :)

I know how quickly some of this (though certainly not all) will slip away without practice and application, so I'm in on the training group plan.

I can now highly recommend MCS training. :yesway:
    Having sampled and participated was to confirm the suspicions I'd gathered from reading Mercop's posts - since these fundamentals were designed around and capitalize on an understanding of human anatomy, psychology, natural hard-wired responses, evidenced statistics, etc. their application extends far beyond rote techniques or hardware.

Rockwoot. :rockwoot: Seriously. ;)

AMEN!

Alot of meaning behind the ROCKWOOT horns. Take the class, the "Maloyk (sp?)" Ronnie James Dio) has a lot of power :rockwoot:

I too would like to join the training group, however, I will be spending much of the next 6 weeks south of Nashville. At least, it is not the "region"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wait. Rhino actually knows what he's talking about? Seriously?

Unfortunately most of the time he knows what he's talking about.
    He just likes for you to figure it out for yourself so he can say I told you so.:xmad:

I beleive I suggested that I was coincidentally correct occasionally! I never actually know what I'm talking about!

I wish I could have joined you all for the class. Next time!

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Joe, finally getting to meet INGO royalty such as yourself and hanging out SUN night with you and the G-Man was awesome. We could just do a class togther, I teach 0-7 and you can teach 7-10000.- George

Top Bottom